General Election 2024: July 4th

19 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

That's not an answer.  What policies that Daisy Cooper promotes impresses you?

More money for social care.

15 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

SKY are now upping the ante.  They are calling it the battle of Grimsby  for number Ten.

Now now, I hope you're not constantly talking about SKY because Rishi admitted he and his poor family had forgo Sky when he was growing up

7 minutes ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

there will probably be a few emails laying about, that will surface one day, as to when the date was set.

The emails will support the election was intended for much later in the year.  Sunak or his advisors  chose to go early because inflation figures made good reading on the day he called the election. One swallow doesn't  make a summer.

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

More money for social care.

Now now, I hope you're not constantly talking about SKY because Rishi admitted he and his poor family had forgo Sky when he was growing up

I'm only talking about SKY because they were the broadcaster who hosted this evenings election program featuring the two candidates to be the prime minister.

32 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

I've noticed there seems to be a kind of click on here.  I intend to disrupt the click. New blood is what is needed here.

Then I would get your hearing tested.

Try clique

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

there will probably be a few emails laying about, that will surface one day, as to when the date was set.

The exact date might not even have been set when he made the bet. His bet was for a July election not 4th July. He might just have heard 'in two months'.

On 18/05/2024 at 17:42, Axe said:

Yes of course it is a numbers game that is how democracy works. 

What will be will be . The rich will get richer and the poor will always be poor No matter what you write on this  Some off you sound like kids bickering in the school yard  

• Like 1