General Election 2024: July 4th

2 hours ago, cressida said:

The rich can sit back and count their money but it's better that they make more to be shared,  that's if the government will put the poor higher up their agenda.

Surely the poor are the younger generation, the poor from the 80/90s should have earned a few bob and will now be comfortable.

If they are a spend/spend type of person, they will still be poor.

5 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

Looks like Rishi's parents were just waiting for him to move out... Poor lad!

sunak.jpg

1) Its for the flat above the shop

2) The Sunak's didn't live there

3) That dish is far newer than the ones in use when Sunak would have been a kid

Edited by alchresearch

There's always the possibility that Sunak went without Sky because certainly in the early 1990s it wasn't unheard of for people to choose not to have Sky, as a dish outside your home looked rather common.

13 minutes ago, Mister M said:

There's always the possibility that Sunak went without Sky because certainly in the early 1990s it wasn't unheard of for people to choose not to have Sky, as a dish outside your home looked rather common.

Rather common?

It looked absolutely monstrous. The roughest folk going had them up, trust me I know.

Just now, Al Bundy said:

Rather common?

It looked absolutely monstrous. The roughest folk going had them up, trust me I know.

I suspect it was for reasons of status signalling that the Sunak's didn't have Sky, rather than "my parents worked incredibly hard to send me and my siblings to Winchester".

But on that point it is jarring when the Tories justify wealth and wealth inequality, as if no-one who is skint doesn't work hard

I don't believe 16 and 17 years old should be allowed to vote in elections which is a good enough reason to rule out voting for Labour.  If they get the pot holes fixed which I'm not sure is in the manifesto then I will be happy about that.