General Election 2024: July 4th

On 11/06/2024 at 13:41, The_DADDY said:

I don't know if you heard Nigel Farage this morning being interviewed by LBC, and in sucking up to his pal, Donald Trump, he was very dismissive about the violence on Capitol Hill which left 5 people dead.

He was also very happy for Reform election candidates to label Muslims "Nazis" as "how ordinary people speak", yet seemingly resents the term Nazi being applied to him.

He doesn't seem to understand the concept of 'what goes around comes around'.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I don't know if you heard Nigel Farage this morning being interviewed by LBC, and in sucking up to his pal, Donald Trump, he was very dismissive about the violence on Capitol Hill which left 5 people dead.

He was also very happy for Reform election candidates to label Muslims "Nazis" as "how ordinary people speak", yet seemingly resents the term Nazi being applied to him.

He doesn't seem to understand the concept of 'what goes around comes around'.

Throwing things at politicians is never acceptable.

But neither is dog whistling racism from politicians. Farage has made a career out of just that.

I’d like to see both things stop.

I’m unlikely to be in Sheffield on polling day,  so I applied for Mrs Tom to be my proxy earlier today. 

I’ve just had an email from Sheffield City Council Electoral Services, confirming that my application was successful.

Superb efficiency from the Council and a very straightforward online process.

Its nice when things work properly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I’m unlikely to be in Sheffield on polling day,  so I applied for Mrs Tom to be my proxy earlier today. 

I’ve just had an email from Sheffield City Council Electoral Services, confirming that my application was successful.

Superb efficiency from the Council and a very straightforward online process.

Its nice when things work properly.

Same except I went for a postal vote, very easy online and straightforward, received a letter in post stating they'd send out a  voting form around the 17th

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Throwing things at politicians is never acceptable.

But neither is dog whistling racism from politicians. Farage has made a career out of just that.

I’d like to see both things stop.

I agree it's unacceptable, and also the rabble rousing and fermenting of hatred from Farage is vile.

I don't think he expects to win in Clacton-on Sea. And although I loathe him and everything he stands for, part of me hopes he wins. Mainly because of what he said to The Times on 11/2/24:

Trevor Gibbons (@trevorgi) / X

That represents the real Farage.

Clacton is one of the poorest areas of the country, and even more so that Brexit (which it voted for) has happened. There's nothing from what Farage has ever campaigned on which leads me to believe that he has any empathy with the people from Clacton. 

• Like 1