1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

39 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I'd have thought it obvious why Starmer likes to knock off at around 6pm on a Friday.  His wife & children are practitioners of the Jewish faith, (although he isn't), so he falls in line with family practices.  It's the start of the Friday Sabbath. 

962.jpg?width=1300&dpr=1&s=none

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

On the contrary, it’s a great work ethic.

Do your job efficiently and leave time for your family.

Everyone should do that.  A healthy working culture starts at the very top.

Indeed. 

And I thing in the leader's debates each candidate was asked what they admired about their opponent, and Sunak said he admired Starmer's work life balance.

So the message to the Gradgrinds like West77 / Axe Wing Commander, is work smarter, not harder!

Edited by Mister M

Been talking to my long standing mate today, he lives in Lee Rowley’s constituency and is very happy with him and will vote for him. We spoke of our respective life styles and living standards and agreed that neither of us had anything to complain about, and wondered what so many folk are unhappy about. Neither have any debt and both own our own homes, and can afford to what we want to do, we find our utility bills acceptable, both run cars and can afford to treat family members.

My mate started life if a terraced in Attercliffe whilst I wasn’t that far away in a council house on The Manor. We both got to where we are by working hard, and investing in the property market, and pensions and not being stupid with our money, both can put our hands on a few bob as and when required, we both know many in similar positions to ourselves and are at a loss to see what we should be unhappy about.

I’m still not voting as I can’t get excited about any of the Hallam candidates, no axe to grind though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Been talking to my long standing mate today, he lives in Lee Rowley’s constituency and is very happy with him and will vote for him. We spoke of our respective life styles and living standards and agreed that neither of us had anything to complain about, and wondered what so many folk are unhappy about. Neither have any debt and both own our own homes, and can afford to what we want to do, we find our utility bills acceptable, both run cars and can afford to treat family members.

My mate started life if a terraced in Attercliffe whilst I wasn’t that far away in a council house on The Manor. We both got to where we are by working hard, and investing in the property market, and pensions and not being stupid with our money, both can put our hands on a few bob as and when required, we both know many in similar positions to ourselves and are at a loss to see what we should be unhappy about.

I’m still not voting as I can’t get excited about any of the Hallam candidates, no axe to grind though.

That's possibly a generational thing....

Having your own home, being able to do what you want to do, having no debt, investing in the property market.....No surprise that you say you're at a loss. 

Perhaps spare a thought for those that haven't been as fortunate.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

What 'brutal consequences' would they be?

winter of discontent

Inflation at 20% and never going below 10%

Putting GB in hock to the IMF for £4B in 1976 (todays value £40B)

Doubling of unemployment

Having to do deals with both the lib dems and the UUP  and SNP to keep in power

98% top rate income tax

all from the last labour govt that you recognise since you dont count Blair as Labour

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

is that all youve got? to attack him with, LOL

I agree - this attack line from the Tories is absolutely pathetic. 

They, and the right wing press must think we've forgotten about No 10's 'Wine Time Fridays', where even during an infectious pandemic, Boris Johnson's team thought it important to have some down time, to have a laugh and mingle etc.

• Like 1