1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

10 minutes ago, m williamson said:

If he does isolate America and withdraws from international peace keeping it would allow Russia and China to do as they please. That would then create a situation which may well develop into WW3. 

And if my dad was my uncle etc etc

Lots of ifs and maybes.

21 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

And if my dad was my uncle etc etc

Lots of ifs and maybes.

It may have escaped your notice but that's how the world works.  There are always unintended consequences as well as intended consequences to political actions.

Both Russia and China have ambitions to acquire territory which doesn't currently belong to them and America is currently an obstacle to that ambition. Would they like that obstacle to be removed and the EU prevented from closer union to the point where it becomes a major power player?  Of course they would, and both have form when it comes to covert interference in other countries affairs.

Incidentally, it's   " If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. "   Your dad might in fact be your uncle, depends how friendly your mum was with her husbands brother 😉

2 minutes ago, m williamson said:

It may have escaped your notice but that's how the world works.  There are always unintended consequences as well as intended consequences to political actions.

Both Russia and China have ambitions to acquire territory which doesn't currently belong to them and America is currently an obstacle to that ambition. Would they like that obstacle to be removed and the EU prevented from closer union to the point where it becomes a major power player?  Of course they would, and both have form when it comes to covert interference in other countries affairs.

Incidentally, it's   " If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. "   Your dad might in fact be your uncle, depends how friendly your mum was with her husbands brother 😉

I dread to think!!  He did have a nice shiny Cortina that everyone loved so you never know!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I dread to think!!  He did have a nice shiny Cortina that everyone loved so you never know!!

I once had a company Cortina 2.0 Ghia , nova green with a dark brown roof.  I was married with two small children at the time so I've no idea what its ' pulling power ' was. 😃  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

God forbid anyone that should have a different point of view.

I'm all for people having different points of view, but that doesn't make them immune from satire.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

I was replying to a poster who said if he was in power he would start WW3 .

He is a nutter and so are his supporters, we saw that with the attack on the whitehouse he is a wrong un, he is corrupt, and a  flippin criminal and a racist.  

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

Re: The Philippines warning China off & putting a red line down on them advancing in the South China Sea. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c7223knz3ezo

Of course, the US still has a number of bases in the Philippines.  If anything is going to kick off approaching WWIII, it'll be down to the ambitions of the Chinese & the US being dragged into it, then the rest of us. 

Putin & Europe / NATO.   With the exception of some last ditch attempt by Putin launching a pre-emptive strike on somewhere in mainland Europe, Russia would be obliterated by the West / NATO. 

14 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Where was the satire in that video?

I'd have thought that it was blindingly obvious . 

Those two were on their way to visit a food bank. In 2009 the year before the Conservatives came into power there were 25,899 people using food banks in the UK. Today after 14 years of Conservatives being in power there are over 2.9 Million people using food banks.

Those two still thought that the Tories were the ones to help matters. You are aware of Einstein's definition of insanity aren't you?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/382695/uk-foodbank-users/

The satire was perhaps cruel, but that's what it was nonetheless.

• Like 1