General Election 2024: July 4th

17 minutes ago, Delayed said:

This country has clean water.

Only once it comes out of the tap - the rivers and seas are badly contaminated with raw sewage.

16 hours ago, Derby said:

Mr Farage is the honourable president of the Reform party which is more prestigious than being the party leader.  The Question Time program benefited more from the appearance of Mr Farage rather than Mr Anderson who flip flops from one party to another.  Potential Reform party voters don't have a problem with Mr Farage not standing to be an MP at the election.  The only folk who have a problem with Mr Farage not standing as a candidate are  those who have no intention of voting for the party that he represents.  These same folk only want Mr Farage to stand as a candidate because they want to see him lose again in an attempt to become an MP.  

This posting style is oddly familiar

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, horribleblob said:

Pledges and promises all round. I can't recall hearing what the Conservatives' timeline is either. Do you know?

Timeline, blimey they're talking about sorting the NHS out. They've had 14 years to do that!

In The Sunday Times today it's reporting that Labour are offering those they see as problem MPs peerages to persuade them to step down.

This country could give lessons to Banana Republics in unscrupulous duplicitous politics.  The Tories have to be removed because of their incompetence and blatant corruption ( contracts for unqualified mates ) over the last fourteen years. To return them would condone that behaviour.

Labour will provide a welcome break from that but will no doubt bring us their own brand of shenanigans.

Our political system needs reforming root and branch PR+STV brought in and the unelected Lords done away with.

I've no hope for it actually happening because the current system suits the politicians and the electorate don't matter to them.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Timeline, blimey they're talking about sorting the NHS out. They've had 14 years to do that!

Tory Health and Social Care Secretary, Victoria Atkins, was doing the media rounds this morning. Apparently they are doing "absolute gangbusters". You've got to laugh.

Edited by horribleblob

8 hours ago, melthebell said:

And the lib dems promise more free premier league football on terrestrial telly lol

The LibDems are now off my list.  My shortlist is Labour, Conservative and the Reform party.  I wait with interest  for the manifestos to be published. 

4 hours ago, spilldig said:

same with levelling up that theyve suddenly dragged out of hiding again, and they also announced tackling tax evasion to pay for the national service idea too lol, theyve had 14 years to crack down on it and not done a dicky bird about it.