General Election 2024: July 4th

I do hope the working and non working class of Clacton on Sea take note of Reform UK's policy on the NHS:

Tax Relief of 20% on all Private Healthcare and Insurance. Hmmm

I remember too that a few years ago, Reform were promising income tax would be reformed to 'flat tax' principles which are regressive.

4 hours ago, Box11 said:

I can’t believe that this man is standing as the leader of the reform party in the general election….

He has fooled a lot of people to vote to leave the EU….

Now he’s at it again….

Please don’t let this man feed on your fears….

He likes to think that he is just a normal bloke drinking his pint in his local but he is quite the opposite….

He’s an ex banker and his wife is German …..

So please don’t let him fool you again by acting like he’s one of you because he’s far from it !!!!!….

What's his wife got to do wi owt ? 

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

I once saw a documentary about Jaywick. Must've been the most depressing thing I've seen in a long time. Full of people who are on the dole, but have Union Jacks draped outside their shacks....

It's wider than the Mersey tunnel....Bet his breath stinks like the sewers as well.

Gloves are off then  ? 

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Gloves are off then  ? 

With regards to the documentary I saw on Jaywick, the description I gave was accurate. Many are depressingly poor, and I can't imagine the cognitive dissonance they feel when they hear some right wing blow hard blame the poor for their own poverty, yet don't imagine that victim blaming ever applies to them.

It doesn't mean to say that I don't think they need representing in Parliament. They absolutely do. But they deserve better than Farage. Just like past and present constituents deserve better than Galloway.

46 minutes ago, Mister M said:

With regards to the documentary I saw on Jaywick, the description I gave was accurate. Many are depressingly poor, and I can't imagine the cognitive dissonance they feel when they hear some right wing blow hard blame the poor for their own poverty, yet don't imagine that victim blaming ever applies to them.

It doesn't mean to say that I don't think they need representing in Parliament. They absolutely do. But they deserve better than Farage. Just like past and present constituents deserve better than Galloway.

It was your description of MPs that I was talking about . I remember you and others getting outraged at such things before .