1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

40 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Initially I was aghast at the amount of publicity he was getting, in spite of his 'political party' having only 1 MP. However, he really is showing himself to be thin skinned and extremely unpleasant.

Can you imagine the people of Clacton going to Farage for help with neighbour disputes, housing issues, benefits claims queries etc, etc

So long as they don't seek help on a Friday, as he might be a bit grumpy.
Unfortunately I can't get behind the Times paywall to check this one out

image_2024-06-04_155838402.png

• Like 1

The person who threw the milkshake over Nigel Farage should be prosecuted and that goes for all politicians who are out on the campaign trail, which ever party they are from.  For a few seconds they have no idea what has been thrown at them, it could be a harmful substance.  If I was a politician campaigning in the streets I’d be very nervous. 

• Thanks 1

I detest Farage and believe he's helped to damage this country, but that type of behaviour is despicable.  Two MPs have been murdered and many must have some trepidation when mixing with the public now.

I'm not a particular fan of John Prescott but had no problem with him retaliating against the idiot who threw the egg at him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, peak4 said:

So long as they don't seek help on a Friday, as he might be a bit grumpy.
Unfortunately I can't get behind the Times paywall to check this one out

image_2024-06-04_155838402.png

6 minutes ago, altus said:

Someone reminded him of it during at announcement. Here's GBNews's report mentioning it.

That's a good find - and if that was dug up about a less shameless and more genuine person then it would no doubt bury them.

Like the broadcaster Iain Dale. Only last week he said he was resigning his job at LBC because he wanted to stand as a Tory MP in Tunbridge Wells. So he made his tearful goodbye on LBC, and the next day his political opponents dug up something he said on a Podcast a couple of years ago where he wasn't very complimentary about the Town. 

No doubt Farage will brush it off with his usual bluster. But he will get caught out, and hopefully the voters of Clacton will make him pay.

15 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

The person who threw the milkshake over Nigel Farage should be prosecuted and that goes for all politicians who are out on the campaign trail, which ever party they are from.  For a few seconds they have no idea what has been thrown at them, it could be a harmful substance.  If I was a politician campaigning in the streets I’d be very nervous. 

He is right wing so it's ok, he is fair game

Jo Brand, that lovable lefty even got away with suggesting it should be battery acid thrown at him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Where was the meltdown?

The BBC blokes smile hides the fact he is completely annoyed.

It's Farage being his usual prickly self when challenged. How do you know the BBC bloke was annoyed? He was probably laughing because he got under the thin skin of frog face

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

Just now, Mister M said:

It's Farage being his usual prickly self when challenged. How do you know the BBC bloke was annoyed? He was probably laughing because he got under the think skin of frog face

Why would he be laughing he got under his skin?

I thought the BBC were right wing according to the left.

Just now, Al Bundy said:

Why would he be laughing he got under his skin?

I thought the BBC were right wing according to the left.

I dunno why he was laughing, you said he was annoyed. If I'm annoyed I don't laugh.