1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

image.png.972d48ba0c129ab6d1e76049f07779ed.png

These dossiers from the NAO should make interesting reading....

Of course Labour know all about knee jerk reactions on the content of some dossiers.

How did that play out for them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Of course Labour know all about knee jerk reactions on the content of some dossiers.

How did that play out for them.

Who's talking about knee jerk reactions?

These are considered conclusion from the National Audit Office on the state of Government, services and other factors which have to be dealt with.

I would've thought that after years of numerous attempted cover ups (for example at the DWP) and obfuscations of for example the asylum system; something resembling an objective analysis would be welcome.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

These are considered conclusion from the National Audit Office on the state of Government, services and other factors which have to be dealt with.

I would've thought that after years of numerous attempted cover ups (for example at the DWP) and obfuscations of for example the asylum system; something resembling an objective analysis would be welcome.

The reason the Tories won in 2015 was because the Tories overplayed how bad things were when they took over. But of course this time it really is bad.

• Like 1

Starmer has withdrawn the Labour whip from 7 MPs who voted for the SNP's amendment on the two child benefit cap. Pathetic and a little Stalinist. This is why Labour not getting an outright majority would have been preferable to me. Mind you, with some of those wafer thin majorities, I'm sure it will be a lot closer next time.

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

Starmer has withdrawn the Labour whip from 7 MPs who voted for the SNP's amendment on the two child benefit cap. Pathetic and a little Stalinist. This is why Labour not getting an outright majority would have been preferable to me. Mind you, with some of those wafer thin majorities, I'm sure it will be a lot closer next time.

They could have abstained, instead they voted for the amendment knowing the consequences. It's just politics, if they are not going to support the Government that got elected on promises not to raise certain taxes and to keep the benefit cap, they may benefit from a spell of being independent.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Delbow said:

Just look at who they all are - Corbynistas.  They'd all be better off out of the party if they don't like it.  Rebecca Long-Bailey didn't get the nickname "Wrong Daily" for nothing.

If you want to throw the term "pathetic" around, throw it at Byrne, he's a nasty piece of work

Labour candidate Ian Byrne shared abusive comments about female politicians

https://www.lbc.co.uk/politics/elections/general-election-2019/labour-candidate-ian-byrne-wrote-abusive-comments/

• Like 2

Owen Jones really dislikes Sir Keir doesn't he...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/jul/24/disciplining-mps-voting-children-poverty-keir-starmer

These hyperbolic words just show what a whiney, melodramatic odious turd Owen Jones is.

"It is hard to imagine Starmer is unaware of the fact that Osborne devised the policy to stoke public hostility towards and create a Victorian caricature of the undeserving, overbreeding poor. No decent society punishes children for choices they have not made and parents should not be punished for having more children. In Britain in 2024, kids turn up to schools with bowed legs and heart murmurs because of malnourishment, but a vast cost is also imposed on society as the scarring effect of poverty produces lasting lower productivity and employment levels"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Owen Jones really dislikes Sir Keir doesn't he...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/jul/24/disciplining-mps-voting-children-poverty-keir-starmer

These hyperbolic words just show what a whiney, melodramatic odious turd Owen Jones is.

"It is hard to imagine Starmer is unaware of the fact that Osborne devised the policy to stoke public hostility towards and create a Victorian caricature of the undeserving, overbreeding poor. No decent society punishes children for choices they have not made and parents should not be punished for having more children. In Britain in 2024, kids turn up to schools with bowed legs and heart murmurs because of malnourishment, but a vast cost is also imposed on society as the scarring effect of poverty produces lasting lower productivity and employment levels"

You don't like Own Jones, fair enough but don't let your hatred of him colour the fact that there real health consequences of poverty on children and others.

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You don't like Own Jones, fair enough but don't let your hatred of him colour the fact that there real health consequences of poverty on children and others.

Well now Labour are in control poverty will cease to be hopefully.

When they fail to accomplish this, maybe the self righteous will finally realise that the responsibility lies with the parents.

It's a shame Marcus Rashford spends millions on cars and jewellery as all that cash could really help the kids.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Mister M said:

When the Tories brought in austerity, they were blamed for the resulting deaths. But now the country is in even more debt, so even more austerity will be needed. Who should we blame?

I was listening to radio four, they were saying that the benefit cap can cost the claimant £3,000 per year. On top of other benefits, that is a lot of money.

Friends were saying that the public supports the benefit cap? But does the public know anything about it, I am certainly shocked that its £3,000 per year.