1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

Sophy Ridge has two things in her favour. She’s an excellent journalist and she’s a Sheffield Wednesday fan.

I think she’s summed up the situation pretty well with this tweet. It is time that both main parties started being honest with us and it’s also time that the media started treating  Farage and his buddies in the same way that they treat the Lib Dem’s and the Greens.

2 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Sophy Ridge has two things in her favour. She’s an excellent journalist and she’s a Sheffield Wednesday fan.

I think she’s summed up the situation pretty well with this tweet. It is time that both main parties started being honest with us and it’s also time that the media started treating  Farage and his buddies in the same way that they treat the Lib Dem’s and the Greens.

I agree with her .

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

Taxes are going to have to go up who ever wins power- we know that. We've known that for a long time.

Most people don't want tax cuts anyway. Public services like hospitals, council services (such as care for the elderly) are absolutely on their knees. 

It's a shame the subject has been weaponised by Sunak. But I think it's backfired, people are talking about Sunak being a liar, and even ex members of the civil service are are calling Sunak out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not got a link ( you know I can’t do em ) but just read Labour have done the same thing and grassroots members are unhappy about it .

I know. But it's good to see the Tories doing it is being reported.

Just now, Mister M said:

Taxes are going to have to go up who ever wins power- we know that. We've known that for a long time.

Most people don't want tax cuts anyway. Public services like hospitals, council services (such as care for the elderly) are absolutely on their knees. 

It's a shame the subject has been weaponised by Sunak. But I think it's backfired, people are talking about Sunak being a liar, and even ex members of the civil service are are calling Sunak out.

He’s undoubtedly a liar, but Labour aren’t exactly levelling with us either. 

I don’t think that taxes can rise any further, so it has to be borrowing and growth that get us out of this mess. Or, more austerity if the Tories somehow get back in.

I’d like Labour to be bolder. Tell us how much they’ll borrow and how they’ll stimulate growth.

Unfortnately that won’t happen, because anything they say along those lines will be weaponised by the Tory press.

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

I don’t think that taxes can rise any further, so it has to be borrowing and growth that get us out of this mess. Or, more austerity if the Tories somehow get back in.

I’d like Labour to be bolder. Tell us how much they’ll borrow and how they’ll stimulate growth.

Unfortnately that won’t happen, because anything they say along those lines will be weaponised by the Tory press.

My bold

And that's the problem with politics.

2 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I was listening to the radio today and the Tory ex cabinet minister David Davis said that if Labour get in they will try to square the circle of doing PFI deals - and the history of those isn't good in terms of value for money. 

I wished Reeves would be bolder in talking about things like a wealth tax, being stronger on the energy companies etc. The mood for some form of redistribution is strong in the country, so why doesn't she capitalise on it?

Tony Blair says he regrets not being bolder at the beginning of his term in office. My fear is Reeves and Starmer will have the same regrets, and nothing will have changed.