1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

And that's the problem with politics.

It is. 

It’s partly caused by the electoral system, because all Labour need to do is to not drop the ball.

Its also partly the fault of our dreadful media who twist and distort things so much that anyone making an honest statement is likely to find it savaged.

We could do with an honest debate about public services, taxation and how we cope with a global financial world that makes tax avoidance easy.  Instead we just get nonsense like last night’s debate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

It is. 

It’s partly caused by the electoral system, because all Labour need to do is to not drop the ball.

Its also partly the fault of our dreadful media who twist and distort things so much that anyone making an honest statement is likely to find it savaged.

We could do with an honest debate about public services, taxation and how we cope with a global financial world that makes tax avoidance easy.  Instead we just get nonsense like last night’s debate.

:thumbsup:

Just now, Prettytom said:

It is. 

My bold

Agreed. My feelings about msm are well known, I struggle to believe anything they say. They are just hideously dishonest. I find far more honest and impartial sources online from independent journalists and reporters but they are often ridiculed by the mainstream. 

Underlined 

Absolutely spot on. 👌 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Taxes are going to have to go up who ever wins power- we know that. We've known that for a long time.

Most people don't want tax cuts anyway. Public services like hospitals, council services (such as care for the elderly) are absolutely on their knees. 

It's a shame the subject has been weaponised by Sunak. But I think it's backfired, people are talking about Sunak being a liar, and even ex members of the civil service are are calling Sunak out.

Speak for yourself. I certainly don't want taxes to go up because it's hard enough scraping by as things are now. Even if taxes do go up and they chuck a load more money at public services, then nothing will change. We'll all be the same as before or worse off, with public services that are just as bad as they were previously.

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

image.png.013986e472ebaa58594dd659f3d21d68.png

What was it Fishi Rishi said on the steps of Downing Street when he took over from Lettuce Liz?

Honesty, Integrity, Accountability? 

And it's been downhill ever since :nod:

A couple more quotes on this:

The Spectator has just ran the figures for the Tories' published tax plans.
On Sunak's maths, it works out as £3,000 tax rise per household.

Details: https://t.co/xBhfB2nWlZ https://t.co/aJeOJVmquV

— Fraser Nelson (@FraserNelson) June 5, 2024

The @spectator applied the same method used to get the £2,000 Labour tax figure on the Tories and it worked out to be a £3,000 tax rise (!!!) pic.twitter.com/zxo3pbxeXF

— Shehab Khan ITV (@ShehabKhan) June 5, 2024

Taken from here:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/media/spectator-applies-sunaks-maths-to-tory-spending-plans-the-results-do-not-look-good-376324/

7 hours ago, horribleblob said:

A couple more quotes on this:

The Spectator has just ran the figures for the Tories' published tax plans.
On Sunak's maths, it works out as £3,000 tax rise per household.

Details: https://t.co/xBhfB2nWlZ https://t.co/aJeOJVmquV

— Fraser Nelson (@FraserNelson) June 5, 2024

The @spectator applied the same method used to get the £2,000 Labour tax figure on the Tories and it worked out to be a £3,000 tax rise (!!!) pic.twitter.com/zxo3pbxeXF

— Shehab Khan ITV (@ShehabKhan) June 5, 2024

Taken from here:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/media/spectator-applies-sunaks-maths-to-tory-spending-plans-the-results-do-not-look-good-376324/

As I understand, it is calculated over 4 years, so it would amount to £500 I am happy to pay more taxes for the NHS and dentistry etc.

We already had Liz Truss coasting people thousands ££s and the Tory budget projection figures are just a fairytale.

But the figure of £2,000 is not supported by the Government budget office, so that is a lie, which ever right wing media want to endorse it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Vrsaljko said:

Speak for yourself. I certainly don't want taxes to go up because it's hard enough scraping by as things are now. Even if taxes do go up and they chuck a load more money at public services, then nothing will change. We'll all be the same as before or worse off, with public services that are just as bad as they were previously.

IMG_2884.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

Agreed. My feelings about msm are well known, I struggle to believe anything they say. They are just hideously dishonest. I find far more honest and impartial sources online from independent journalists and reporters but they are often ridiculed by the mainstream. 

Underlined 

Absolutely spot on. 👌 

Well how honest and impartial are they ? We all have our own bias and tend to believe those  saying what we want to hear and believe. I agree with you about msm. Personally I detest the BBC and Guardian two organisations who present themselves as centrist when they’re anything but. 

Penny Mordaunt and Angela Rayner will go head-to-head in the first BBC election debate on Friday night, featuring representatives from the seven biggest parties in Great Britain.

The Leader of the House of Commons and deputy leader of the Labour Party will be joined by Daisy Cooper for the Liberal Democrats and Nigel Farage on behalf of Reform UK.

Stephen Flynn will appear for the Scottish National Party, the Green Party will be represented by co-leader Carla Denyer and Plaid Cymru by leader Rhun ap Iorwerth.