1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

Clutching at straws there. Patel and Braverman both have some extreme views, Braverman could reasonably be described as anti-democratic and authoritarian, both want to significantly increase the state's level of control over the individual - it's perfectly reasonable to demonise them because both are a risk to our freedoms.

And are Tories . :rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Do you think that female candidates should just put up with stuff like that?

As we’ve seen on this thread,  you’re  quite happy to chuck insults around about female politicians. Maybe you could do a bit better yourself

I’m going to treat that post with the contempt it deserves 

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Terrible, we saw violent actions only this week towards a political figure didn't we.

Still, it was a bloke, and he is right wing so it's mildly amusing.

Are left wingers who demonised Patel and Braverman Misogynists?

No it's not OK, and the assailant was arrested & I think charged for two offences (relating to chucking a paper cup and a drinks can)
Some may well have been misogynists, they occur in all walks of life, but the majority were attacking their political and moral stance, as well as their raging hypocrisy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

Clutching at straws there. Patel and Braverman both have some extreme views, Braverman could reasonably be described as anti-democratic and authoritarian, both want to significantly increase the state's level of control over the individual - it's perfectly reasonable to demonise them because both are a risk to our freedoms.

There it is.🙄

If their views don't align with yours it's less serious.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

There it is.🙄

If their views don't align with yours it's less serious.

Did you have a brain disease for breakfast? My criticisms of Patel and Braverman are about their beliefs and opinions, not what they look like or where they come from or whether they're 'common' or 'slappers'.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Did you have a brain disease for breakfast? My criticisms of Patel and Braverman are about their beliefs and opinions, not what they look like or where they come from or whether they're 'common' or 'slappers'.

So are my and others criticisms of Raynor but it doesn't stop the left from frothing about misogyny.

It's almost as if there is a blind bit of hypocrisy going on....I am shocked 🙄

Only museli and a banana for me this morning.

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

So are my and others criticisms of Raynor but it doesn't stop the left from frothing about misogyny.

Careful, they put stuff in muesli that makes you vote Labour and read the Guardian

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

Do they really have extreme views, or is their politics just aimed at winding up the electorate and they are both just doing it because of their desire for power?

Braverman founded the Africa Justice Foundation in 2010 alongside barristers Cherie Booth and Philip Riches; she is probably a very nice intelligent lady, perhaps with a nasty streak, but really good at winding up the electorate.

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

This was your last comment about Angela Rayner.

On 14/06/2024 at 09:49, Al Bundy said:

She was too busy crawling over broken glass and savouring the orange she got for Christmas.

Which appears to have little to do with her beliefs and opinions, and more to do with attempting to belittle her.

• Like 2