1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

6 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

On the contrary, I dislike the constant hard life stories as if she is somehow special to have made a success of herself.

Nothing in my post is an attack against her sex.

You must've missed the constant references Sajid Javid made to his Dad being a bus driver; or the fact that Nadhim Zahawi's family came to the UK with nothing from Baghdad, but he ended up being a millionaire...

"Every morning as I shave my head in the mirror, I have to pinch myself. How is it that a boy from Baghdad who came to these shores, fleeing persecution and unable to speak a word of English, was able to do as much as I have?"

He's even wrote a book about it:

The Boy from Baghdad by Nadhim Zahawi – HarperCollins Publishers UK

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You must've missed the constant references Sajid Javid made to his Dad being a bus driver; or the fact that Nadhim Zahawi's family came to the UK with nothing from Baghdad, but he ended up being a millionaire...

"Every morning as I shave my head in the mirror, I have to pinch myself. How is it that a boy from Baghdad who came to these shores, fleeing persecution and unable to speak a word of English, was able to do as much as I have?"

He's even wrote a book about it:

The Boy from Baghdad by Nadhim Zahawi – HarperCollins Publishers UK

Yes , and how Starmer Sr worked 26 hour shifts in a tool making factory . 

Just now, hackey lad said:

Yes , and how Starmer Sr worked 26 hour shifts in a tool making factory . 

Not to mention Thatcher's rise from dreary Grantham above a grocer's shop, to the HoC where she rose above snobs in her party who laughed in her face and called her Hilda. 

Public life is full of hard luck stories.

Not to mention Rishi's torment over not not having Sky TV....

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Not to mention Thatcher's rise from dreary Grantham above a grocer's shop, to the HoC where she rose above snobs in her party who laughed in her face and called her Hilda. 

Public life is full of hard luck stories.

Not to mention Rishi's torment over not not having Sky TV....

That last one is the cruelest of all 😅😅😅

11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I recall Thatcher “I can’t help reflecting that it’s taken a Government headed by a housewife with experience of running a family to balance the books for the first time in 20 years – with a little left over for a rainy day,” Thatcher told the Conservatives Women’s Conference in 1988."

The New Economics Foundation estimated that the UK economy was up to £100 billion smaller because of the policy of austerity.

The impact was brutal and deathly. Following the Welfare Reform Act in 2012, the number of children in relative poverty rose by 650,000 in 2019. In 2017, The Royal Society of Medicine stated that austerity measures were likely to have been responsible for 30,000 deaths in England and Wales just in 2015.

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/11/19/thatchers-household-fallacy-led-to-austerity-and-killed-thousands-what-was-the-point-of-it/