1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

20 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Well this is a real treat isn't it?

All throughout these years of incompetence, sleaze, fraud, dodgy dealings and wing nuttery - seen nothing and heard nothing on here from some of these people yet as soon as the public are so sick and tired with the clown show, here they are like 2010 -2024 never happened....🙄

It's almost as though people don't all think the same as you. 

8 minutes ago, Delayed said:

It's almost as though people don't all think the same as you. 

No I accept that people have different opinions - that's to be expected.

In any case I wasn't referring to that. I was wondering where these posters have been in the last 14 years. I can quite happily point to instances in the last Labour Govt when I first joined here where I expressed my disappointment and opposition to some of their policies. Though if I would've been here years previously, there was much to cheer lead.

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

If by "multi billionaires" you mean people with more than £2B then there are 85 of them in the UK according to the Sunday Times Rich List so you would be hard pushed to find the top 100 of them

The people I'm after would avoid at all costs appearing on something so public and crass as the Times Rich List. They much prefer anonymity to publicity. You will never have heard of most of them. 

4 hours ago, Uggy said:

Oh God I hope that doesn't mean a Gareth is coming through the (not)leadership ranks

Gareth Southgate has won more knock out matches in major tournaments than all the previous fifteen England managers put together.  Only Sir Alf Ramsey has achieved more success as England manager than Gareth Southgate.  All the pundits last night were saying Gareth Southgate should have made changes at half time.  If Gareth Southgate had changed Jude Bellingham and Harry Kane for other players then those two wouldn't have been on the pitch to score the two goals needed for England to achieve victory.  There have been calls for Gareth Southgate to be replaced with another leader.  It's unlikely a new England football leader will achieve more success than Gareth Southgate has achieved.  Similarly it's unlikely Starmer will achieve more success than the recent previous prime ministers.  It's unwise to change a leader when there is nobody obvious who can do a better job than a current leader.  Appointing Starmer as leader of our country makes no sense for bona fide people.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

Gareth Southgate has won more knock out matches in major tournaments than all the previous fifteen England managers put together.  Only Sir Alf Ramsey has achieved more success as England manager than Gareth Southgate.  All the pundits last night were saying Gareth Southgate should have made changes at half time.  If Gareth Southgate had changed Jude Bellingham and Harry Kane for other players then those two wouldn't have been on the pitch to score the two goals needed for England to achieve victory.  There have been calls for Gareth Southgate to be replaced with another leader.  It's unlikely a new England football leader will achieve more success than Gareth Southgate has achieved.  Similarly it's unlikely Starmer will achieve more success than the recent previous prime ministers.  It's unwise to change a leader when there is nobody obvious who can do a better job than a current leader.  Appointing Starmer as leader of our country makes no sense for bona fide people.

how many times did your prized Tory party do it? every one further down the gene pool

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

Well traditionally, Labour are supposed to be on the side of the workers, whereas the Tories favour the rich and big businesses. The latter has certainly been evident during the last 14 years of Tory government. With Labour at the helm I'm hoping for a change of ethos towards the needs of the people,  but I'm not holding my breath....

55 minutes ago, Mister M said:

All throughout these years of incompetence, sleaze, fraud, dodgy dealings and wing nuttery - seen nothing and heard nothing on here from some of these people yet as soon as the public are so sick and tired with the clown show, here they are like 2010 -2024 never happened....🙄

Good points, but now the hour of no- return is nigh, minds are focusing. Those who are looking over the edge of the frying pan are wondering whether the fire below is too hot or just lukewarm.

6 hours ago, Wing Commander said:

Not yet.  I'm busy praying.  It's a bit like being 1-0 down in a big football match during the 95th minute and fearing the worse.  It's never over until the final whistle. 

You're more like 4-0 down!

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

You mean a bit like the Labour voters who are forgetting about the brutal consequences of past Labour governments?

• Like 1

Another day, another gimmick.  Just seen Sir Ed 'Smug face' Davey doing a bungee jump.  Well it beats talking about & being questioned about your party's policies. 

If he sets fire to himself between now & Thursday, he might get my vote. 

What a stupid stunt!