1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

30 minutes ago, melthebell said:

how many times did your prized Tory party do it? every one further down the gene pool

That is kind of my point.  The Tory party have dug a big hole for themselves  because they changed leader rather than supporting the leader who brought them glory at the last election. In football terms it's an own goal. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

You mean a bit like the Labour voters who are forgetting about the brutal consequences of past Labour governments?

No not at all. I'm talking contemporaneously, rather than the past. 

37 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Another day, another gimmick.  Just seen Sir Ed 'Smug face' Davey doing a bungee jump.  Well it beats talking about & being questioned about your party's policies. 

If he sets fire to himself between now & Thursday, he might get my vote. 

What a stupid stunt! 

I've wondered about the Liberal Democrats campaign. However they are usually very good campaigners, and tend to be underestimated.

13 minutes ago, Uggy said:

I have a plan

14 years of Tories

What sub post masters.

Well Davey is now trying to come across as all caring all of a sudden. 

The same bloke who voted against raising welfare benefits in line with prices; voted for reducing welfare benefits; voted for a reduction in welfare benefits for social tenants with additional bedrooms (bedroom tax); voted against paying higher benefits, over longer periods to those unable to work due to illness or disability.   And those are just the tip of the iceberg. 

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10155/edward_davey/kingston_and_surbiton/votes

Davey, a bit like Clegg, a two-face hypocrite. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Uggy said:

I have a plan

14 years of Tories

What sub post masters.

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well Davey is now trying to come across as all caring all of a sudden. 

The same bloke who voted against raising welfare benefits in line with prices; voted for reducing welfare benefits; voted for a reduction in welfare benefits for social tenants with additional bedrooms (bedroom tax); voted against paying higher benefits, over longer periods to those unable to work due to illness or disability.   And those are just the tip of the iceberg. 

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10155/edward_davey/kingston_and_surbiton/votes

Davey, a bit like Clegg, a two-face hypocrite. 

What’s the connection between the post you quoted and Ed Davey?

19 minutes ago, Mister M said:

“Unprecedented circumstances “ ?

What has that got to do with majorities? 

Dear James, he does try....

It is amusing. Their best argument against Labour having a supermajority is 'We had a supermajority and look at the mess we made of things.' but they can't use that for obvious reasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, altus said:

It is amusing. Their best argument against Labour having a supermajority is 'We had a supermajority and look at the mess we made of things.' but they can't use that for obvious reasons.

There won’t be a supermajority anyway.

Loads of prospective reform voters will vote Tory at the last minute to make sure of that. 

I’d expect Labour to poll about 40%, Tories 30% and Reform 10%.

That will give Starmer a working majority, but not a huge one. Reform will be lucky to get  5 seats.

18 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

There won’t be a supermajority anyway.

Loads of prospective reform voters will vote Tory at the last minute to make sure of that. 

I’d expect Labour to poll about 40%, Tories 30% and Reform 10%.

That will give Starmer a working majority, but not a huge one. Reform will be lucky to get  5 seats.

I think your predictions will be more or less correct.  Reform will be lucky to get one seat.