1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Seriously?

Strikes, unions, winter of discontent, illegal war.....

well, have we not just had a lot of strikes during the current Tory mobs reign? i cant remember exactly every war and military intervention but im sure some would say some were "illegal" or unjust under the current Tory mobs reign.

as for unions....yeah fighting for peoples rights is a catastrophe :roll eyes:

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

I agree - this attack line from the Tories is absolutely pathetic. 

They, and the right wing press must think we've forgotten about No 10's 'Wine Time Fridays', where even during an infectious pandemic, Boris Johnson's team thought it important to have some down time, to have a laugh and mingle etc.

indeed, the tories have blatantly been stealing from us and laughing at us, wasted billions of pounds, destroyed our services and infrastructure but forget all that

Starmer wants some me time on fridays, how dare he

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

well, have we not just had a lot of strikes during the current Tory mobs reign? i cant remember exactly every war and military intervention but im sure some would say some were "illegal" or unjust under the current Tory mobs reign.

as for unions....yeah fighting for peoples rights is a catastrophe :roll eyes:

Yes and it will be interesting to see what Labour do with them. 

Will they roll over for the unions demands for jnr doctors of 35%?

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

That's possibly a generational thing....

Having your own home, being able to do what you want to do, having no debt, investing in the property market.....No surprise that you say you're at a loss. 

Perhaps spare a thought for those that haven't been as fortunate.

I don’t appear to know any,  unless you mean for me to go out and find them, I’m a great believer in like consorting with like, we obviously mix in  different circles.

1 minute ago, sheffbag said:

winter of discontent

Inflation at 20% and never going below 10%

Putting GB in hock to the IMF for £4B in 1976 (todays value £40B)

Doubling of unemployment

Having to do deals with both the lib dems and the UUP  and SNP to keep in power

98% top rate income tax

all from the last labour govt that you recognise since you dont count Blair as Labour

That's interesting because my understanding was that much of the inflation of the 1970s were to do with the oil shocks. 

If you're saying that inflation and unemployment was all the fault of the labour government then, presumable you must accept that the inflation and tripling of unemployment in the 1980s were all the fault of the Tories?

Or was it the case then, like it is now, that anything bad which happened under the Tories was 'external factors' and anything positive which happened, did so as a consequence of Government policy?

I know there's a lot of revisionism, and have read a book subsequently published by one of Mrs Thatcher's ministers which said the idea that the strategy of deindustrialisation and unemployment was something that wasn't forseen, but was a consequence of the high interest rates set by the chancellor at the time between 1979 - 1981. If it was forseen, they wouldn't have gone into the election with posters complaining that 'Labour isn't Working'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheffbag said:

Yes and it will be interesting to see what Labour do with them. 

Will they roll over for the unions demands for jnr doctors of 35%?

we dont know until it happens, weve seen what mess the tories have created the past 14 years and yes Sunak still tries saying things are better than they were in 2010.

Instead the Tories are trying to create an end of world scenario for if people vote labour which isnt based on truth and facts, its just throwing as much crap out there and hope some of it sticks.

Just now, crookesey said:

I don’t appear to know any,  unless you mean for me to go out and find them, I’m a great believer in like consorting with like, we obviously mix in  different circles.

But you must be aware of the difficulties many young, and not so young people are facing: getting on the housing ladder, finding a job where you don't need another to top your wages up; coping with debt from university etc.

8 minutes ago, melthebell said:

indeed, the tories have blatantly been stealing from us and laughing at us, wasted billions of pounds, destroyed our services and infrastructure but forget all that

Starmer wants some me time on fridays, how dare he

Tories didn't mind Boris taking time off to write his book about Shakespeare though. 

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Tories didn't mind Boris taking time off to write his book about Shakespeare though. 

its not about it being morally right, its about having some mud to sling...they have nothing else, the electorate has seen and is now fed up about what they have created

16 minutes ago, Mister M said:

That's interesting because my understanding was that much of the inflation of the 1970s were to do with the oil shocks. 

If you're saying that inflation and unemployment was all the fault of the labour government then, presumable you must accept that the inflation and tripling of unemployment in the 1980s were all the fault of the Tories?

Or was it the case then, like it is now, that anything bad which happened under the Tories was 'external factors' and anything positive which happened, did so as a consequence of Government policy?

I know there's a lot of revisionism, and have read a book subsequently published by one of Mrs Thatcher's ministers which said the idea that the strategy of deindustrialisation and unemployment was something that wasn't forseen, but was a consequence of the high interest rates set by the chancellor at the time between 1979 - 1981. If it was forseen, they wouldn't have gone into the election with posters complaining that 'Labour isn't Working'.

Im not saying that at all. Anna asked what bad things happened under Labour so i was merely giving facts.

I dont argue that under the tories inthe 80s unemployment spiralled and inflation did stay high due to external and internal factors same as it did for Labour in the 70s . For the Oil crises in the 70s affecting inflation read the Ukraine conflict affecting inflation, again due to oil unrest, in the last couple of years (coupled with Truss disaster)

The fact is there has never been a period of milk and ambrosia, regardless of who wins on Friday (Labour) it will still be same sh** different name.

Supporters of Labour - "repairing the mess the Tories left after 14 years)

Supporters of Tories - "what you going to do then"

Every other party- "look at us, please"

They will all ramble on about immigration, the NHS, the economy but here is my prediction for 5 years time

Immigration will have risen

Waiting lists will have risen (there will be approx 1M more people by the time 2029 rolls round in the UK so defacto increase )

You will still have the same amount of money in your back pocket in relation to your wages than you did before

And the politicians will still promise the same

Ive voted for all 3 of the "major" parties in the past and vote every election based on what i think the candidate can bring to my constituency because as a voter, thats what matters to me. 

• Like 1