1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

5 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Starmer and his six pledges.  Rings a bell....

3435.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

and?

A different Bias' view on the 6 pledges and he also mentions the 1997 pledges too

6 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

We had seperate threads for each political party and yet all of them had exactly the same arguments from the same people in them over and over and I'd like to try and get away from the usual lazy baiting they constantly contained. I also want to try and get away from too many of the 'megathreads' of hundreds of pages as they do cause a strain on the server/database.

Some just start threads, because they feel like it, without having a view themselves. A good idea might be to restrict how many threads a person can start, this happens on some Facebook groups.

Not sure how you can stop lazy baiting and nonsense, is it possible for a moderator to make a forum better? Some want humour and some are serious chats, some are easily offended and some not.

Did anyone see the hard hitting interview today with the Prime Minister?

That's right it was on Loose Women. Where else?

It definitely wouldn't be from the BBC

9 hours ago, Mister M said:

I agree.

If everything deemed 'political' is going into one thread, it's going to become an unweildly and nightmare thread to navigate.

I was going to post something about the outbreak of explosive diarreah in Devon, and how the mood is shifting away from one of the key planks of modern Conservatism, privatisation, but it just gets lost in the ether as one page rolls on to the next.

I think the Mod should rethink this, and structure something that's much more user friendly.

I’m shocked M, do you mean that Twenty five years after privatisation, tap water in parts of England isn't safe to drink unless it is boiled first?

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

I’m shocked M, do you mean that Twenty five years after privatisation, tap water in parts of England isn't safe to drink unless it is boiled first?

I know and rumour has it that people's water bills are going to rise shortly....Possibly because as well as water, pathogens are also flowing through our taps. Nothing's free in this country!

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I know and rumour has it that people's water bills are going to rise shortly....Possibly because as well as water, pathogens are also flowing through our taps. Nothing's free in this country!

I don’t recall as a kid having my folks boiling water before we had to drink it. You can also say what you like about 1970s trade unions but I can’t remember anyone in a full-time job needing to use a food bank.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

Is there no Conservative Party Thread now?

22 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

We had seperate threads for each political party and yet all of them had exactly the same arguments from the same people in them over and over and I'd like to try and get away from the usual lazy baiting they constantly contained. I also want to try and get away from too many of the 'megathreads' of hundreds of pages as they do cause a strain on the server/database.

I've just tried to focus it down to General Election stuff a little, because that is going to be the thrust of all politics in the coming months. 

19 hours ago, geared said:

I mean you can probably say that about most threads to be honest, sooner or later it ends up with the same old argument.

But we keep coming back and having them again  :)