1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

28 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

It’s the Tories who  are leading the way in the crooked politician olympics. They’ve won almost all of the gold medals this term.

I’m simply reflecting the view of the vast majority of the population that this bunch of Tories are a corrupt, immoral disgrace. If you and the other remaining Tory devotees don’t recognise that quickly and take action, there will be no Tory Party left.

I’m rather hoping that you keep your head up your backside and that you  refuse to acknowledge reality.

Nonsense.

20 minutes ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

its across the board...

Geraint Davies – Labour 

MP was found to have repeatedly sexually assaulted and harassed a parliamentary staff member by an employment tribunal in 2021. 

Mike Hill – Labour

The MP for Swansea West has had the whip suspended following a report of "multiple incidents of inappropriate behaviour" towards junior female colleagues

Eleven Labour MPs have left Labour under a cloud since the last election

Admitted there are bad eggs in every party but the steps forward are not to defend their wrong doings but to get rid of them.

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Why do you think that the parliaments which hold the record for the governing party losing most of its MPs are both attached to Boris Johnson?

Clue: It isn't a coincidence.

Boris Johnson rightly removed the Tory party whip from Tory MPs  who did not support the implementation of Brexit in 2019 before the general election  Despite losing the Tory majority the crooked  undemocratic Labour party refused to vote in favour of holding a general election for a number of months because they wanted to block the implementation of Brexit.  Now the Labour party is led by the undemocratic Keir Starmer who wanted  to cheat the electorate out of their democratic choice and to hold another EU referendum which would have been gerrymandered.  Dishonest Keir Starmer is not fit to lead any political party led alone be prime minister.  If there was any justice Keir Starmer would be in prison. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Axe said:

Boris Johnson rightly removed the Tory party whip from Tory MPs  who did not support the implementation of Brexit in 2019 before the general election  Despite losing the Tory majority the crooked  undemocratic Labour party refused to vote in favour of holding a general election for a number of months because they wanted to block the implementation of Brexit.  Now the Labour party is led by the undemocratic Keir Starmer who wanted  to cheat the electorate out of their democratic choice and to hold another EU referendum which would have been gerrymandered.  Dishonest Keir Starmer is not fit to lead any political party led alone be prime minister.  If there was any justice Keir Starmer would be in prison. 

You keep harping on about Brexit as if you supported it; yet you've said on here numerous times that you voted remain....Sorry I just had to mention that since you labelled someone in your post as dishonest.

So why do you think that the 2019 - 2024 parliament holds the record as the runner up to the parliament in which the governing party loses its MPs?

Now that we don't seem to have separate Party threads I suppose I post here. 

Just seen Sir Ed 'Smug Face' Davey castigating the Govt / DWP for having the gaul to try & reclaim monies that were overpaid to carers who shouldn't have received them in the first place.  This is tax payers money at the end of the day & if you're not entitled to it, you're not entitled to it! 

As for Sir Smug Face, this is a guy who voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability amongst other Hoc  benefit votes since approximately 2011.

Hypocrite! 

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

You keep harping on about Brexit as if you supported it; yet you've said on here numerous times that you voted remain....Sorry I just had to mention that since you labelled someone in your post as dishonest.

So why do you think that the 2019 - 2024 parliament holds the record as the runner up to the parliament in which the governing party loses its MPs?

One of your problems is you do not support or respect democracy which is why you have an issue with me supporting Brexit when I voted to remain in the EU.  I support Brexit because that was the choice made by the majority of the electorate.  If the Labour party do win the next general election then I will support the Labour government led by the dishonest Keir Starmer.  You would be a much more content person if you supported democracy because you would have spent most of your life supporting Tory governments instead of wasting it criticising and attempting to discredit the Tory governments and Tory prime ministers  at every opportunity. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Now that we don't seem to have separate Party threads I suppose I post here. 

Just seen Sir Ed 'Smug Face' Davey castigating the Govt / DWP for having the gaul to try & reclaim monies that were overpaid to carers who shouldn't have received them in the first place.  This is tax payers money at the end of the day & if you're not entitled to it, you're not entitled to it! 

As for Sir Smug Face, this is a guy who voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability amongst other Hoc  benefit votes since approximately 2011.

Hypocrite! 

To be fair it does seem unfair that carers have to repay all the carers benefits they received for just being slightly over the maximum about of money they were allowed to earn.  From what I have seen on the news thousands who accidentally  earned more money working then they should have are being harshly punished.  Those being punished tried to do the correct thing by looking after family members and also working when they could.  The DWP should be targeting real benefit scroungers who have no intention of working.

42 minutes ago, Axe said:

To be fair it does seem unfair that carers have to repay all the carers benefits they received for just being slightly over the maximum about of money they were allowed to earn.  From what I have seen on the news thousands who accidentally  earned more money working then they should have are being harshly punished.  Those being punished tried to do the correct thing by looking after family members and also working when they could.  The DWP should be targeting real benefit scroungers who have no intention of working.

My bold. 

On receipt of any benefit entitlement it always states along the lines of 'If there's any change in your circumstances, you MUST contact us.' 

No ifs or buts.  If you're not entitled to it, you're not entitled to it & it needs paying back into the coffers.

8 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

On receipt of any benefit entitlement it always states along the lines of 'If there's any change in your circumstances, you MUST contact us.' 

No ifs or buts.  If you're not entitled to it, you're not entitled to it & it needs paying back into the coffers.

The issue is that many carers did not know their circumstances had changed or understood just a very small rise in income would take them over the threshold.  Also carers main priority will be looking after the family member or partner that needs care rather than keeping an eye on income thresholds.   There is a big difference to deliberately breaking the rules than making a honest mistake and because of that reason some leeway should be given to those who clearly did not intend to receive carers benefits that they were not entitled to.  

1 hour ago, Axe said:

One of your problems is you do not support or respect democracy which is why you have an issue with me supporting Brexit when I voted to remain in the EU.  I support Brexit because that was the choice made by the majority of the electorate.  If the Labour party do win the next general election then I will support the Labour government led by the dishonest Keir Starmer.  You would be a much more content person if you supported democracy because you would have spent most of your life supporting Tory governments instead of wasting it criticising and attempting to discredit the Tory governments and Tory prime ministers  at every opportunity. 

Why would you support the Labour party if Starmer was dishonest, OOPS!  You did and still support dishonest Johnson,  Labour don't want dishonest politicians and voters who support dishonesty.