Padder’s Bar ?

5 minutes ago, echo beach said:

At this rate it’ll soon be more famous than Harry’s Bar in Venice!

And then watch the prices rocket when the Jet Set arrive.😃

echo.

yeah the prices might go up by 10 bob

The first rule of Padders Bar is to not talk about Padders Bar - there are those on this site who are tying to close it down.

It is an inclusive virtual bar, full of smashing people who pop in occasionslly for a few drinks (non-alcoholic are also sold), chat, get on, feed the parrot, watch the (large screen) TV, and so on.

There are those (one in particular) who make up stories about odd goings-on, who try to give the place a bad name (as they have been barred in the past).  Sad, but a fact of life!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would hope that the landlord himself would post on this page, when he finds it. 

Poor guy, I saw his avatar on another thread - it looks like somebody has thrust an ice-cream cone in his face - he deserves more respect that that!.

• Confused 1

Wetherspoons started out with one pub now there are hundreds throughout the UK. I can see 

Padder’s Bar opening more pubs and being a series competitor for Wetherspoons  in the future with all this  exposure on The Sheffield Forum.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I would hope that the landlord himself would post on this page, when he finds it. 

Poor guy, I saw his avatar on another thread - it looks like somebody has thrust an ice-cream cone in his face - he deserves more respect that that!.

That was funny.  I also hope the landlord starts to post soon.  I was wondering if like me he had trouble trying to log onto the forum.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Wetherspoons started out with one pub now there are hundreds throughout the UK. I can see 

Padder’s Bar opening more pubs and being a series competitor for Wetherspoons  in the future with all this  exposure on The Sheffield Forum.

Should open one on The Moor...

12 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

That was funny.  I also hope the landlord starts to post soon.  I was wondering if like me he had trouble trying to log onto the forum.   

Hopefully they'll be on soon. 

DNS seems to largely be filtered through, but even in my case my home internet provider still hasn't caught up and is showing the old server! My mobile and office connections are finding the new site OK now, but the home one just isn't having it so far. I suspect @Padders is having similar trouble.

14 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Should open one on The Moor...

Hopefully they'll be on soon. 

DNS seems to largely be filtered through, but even in my case my home internet provider still hasn't caught up and is showing the old server! My mobile and office connections are finding the new site OK now, but the home one just isn't having it so far. I suspect @Padders is having similar trouble.

Yes I’m sure Padder’s will be trying his best to log on.