Padder’s Bar ?

17 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

it was late at night, and after a few in Padders Bar (and others).  I didn't take a screen shot, but it was saying I needed to set up some kind of financial subscription to the forum to continue using it.  Will try and be more alert if/when it happens again.

I had it too, a one off pop-up advert for forum subscriptions, offering a free month as I recall.
No requirement to subscribe, just an offer. The ad could be closed easily.
Mine was a tall narrow, mobile phone portrait orientation shape, but in my case in the middle of a desktop monitor screen.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, peak4 said:

I had it too, a one off pop-up advert for forum subscriptions, offering a free month as I recall.
No requirement to subscribe, just an offer. The ad could be closed easily.
Mine was a tall narrow, mobile phone portrait orientation shape, but in my case in the middle of a desktop monitor screen.

Yep. Same ad here. No problems in closing it down.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

it was late at night, and after a few in Padders Bar (and others).  I didn't take a screen shot, but it was saying I needed to set up some kind of financial subscription to the forum to continue using it.  Will try and be more alert if/when it happens again.

🤣 It wasn't a trojan/virus/spam or anything else. I sent you an offer!!! 🙄😂

It also didn't say you have to set up a subscription to continue the forum at all. Here's what it actually said:

Go ad-free, for FREE.

Thank you for visiting Sheffield Forum!

Would you like to go Ad-Free? Here's a special offer, just for you!

Enjoy Ad-Free browsing and many other benefits FREE for an entire month. Simply sign up for one of our monthly or annual subscriptions and get your first month free!

See what it is like to go completely ad-free on Sheffield Forum for a whole month. If you then don't wish to continue, simply cancel before your first month is over at no cost to you. Should you continue, your subscription will renew at a low cost of either £3.60 per month or £36 per year - and that fee helps us to keep the site running.

You'll also receive these other benefits:

• Full Ad-Free Access: Experience Sheffield Forum across all devices without ads, plus:
  • Ability to change your username (once per 180 days)
  • Increased upload space and ability to upload larger files, including for profile pictures
  • Extended time to edit your own posts (up to 15 minutes)
  • Bypass the search flood control to search faster and more than once every 60 seconds
  • Subscriber label on your posts and profile
  • Create polls
  • Use signatures
  • And more!

You've nothing to lose by giving it a try - claim your first month free at our subscriptions page here: https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/subscriptions/

Thank you for your support!

• Like 2

Is it a bar for upholstery, cosmetic undergarment makers or footpadders and other nefarious citizenry.

46 minutes ago, Uggy said:

Is it a bar for upholstery, cosmetic undergarment makers or footpadders and other nefarious citizenry.

It's a bar where gentlemen frequent..

8 minutes ago, Padders said:

It's a bar where gentlemen frequent..

So no nefarious citizens then, what about the fairer sex?

35 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Gentlemen, pah . I bet none of that lot get out of the bath for a waz , like true gentlemen do . 

Do they?