Padder’s Bar ?

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I've been very busy Mr. Hauxwell.

TRYING TO OPEN A FRAY BENTOS PIE TIN.............

Nothing works!!!

I've spent the last couple of days chiseling away at it with a knife and a screwdriver, I've destroyed several tin openers, dropped it repeatedly, punched it, kicked it, called the pie a stubborn git, begged it to open, head butted it, and even partaken in demonic rituals and still can't open it...

I've tried to run over a tin in my car, and finished up with a raw steak and kidney up my rear wheel arches.

Do I eat the pie and ignore the metal, or eat the metal and ignore the pie?

I'm seriously thinking that when diplomancy fails and the Russians start to nuke us, I'll use em to build a nuclear shelter.

Advice needed urgently as I have reached the stage of not caring!!!

I WANT ME BLOODY PIE....

It might be a lot easier if you bought Greggs Steak Bakes, no tins to wrestle with only a packet. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

I dread to think about you opening a can of corned beef!!

I’ve  had corned beef for my tea, no problems opening the tin. However I think if Padders tried to open the tin he would probably break the key half way round the tin and end up sawing through the tin with a knife. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

I’ve  had corned beef for my tea, no problems opening the tin. However I think if Padders tried to open the tin he would probably break the key half way round the tin and end up sawing through the tin with a knife. 

33 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Good job I don't like corned beef..

Anyway I thought the Argie's had removed the key cus we kicked em from the Falklands....

4 hours ago, Axe said:

How about doing away with the Bar theme and just calling it the 'Sheffield Forum General Discussion Forum' ?

Yes.  But that would be too much like common sense wouldn’t it?  

• Like 2

Yay! After an entire week of trying, I have finally been able to log in to the New Look Sheffield Forum, only to find my mate Padders has been honoured at last with his own virtual bar going viral on SF!  He'll be wanting a Blue Plaque on his house next, and maybe a knighthood in the not too distant future...

Happy to see it hasn't gone to his head tho' and he's still the same humble bloke who can't open a Fray Bentos tin, (try dynamite,) so hopefully he won't be putting his beer prices up, and won't need a big muscley bouncer on the door, (tho' he might like to consider a male stripper night,... please.)

Everyone's welcome at Padders' Bar (note apostrophes) for a warm welcome, cheap beer, soggy Fray Bentos pie (maybe) and a chat. Rock on Padders, good to be back.    

• Like 3

Was about to say, where’s Padders in all this,  it he’s already replied 😂😂😂

12 hours ago, Padders said:

I've been very busy Mr. Hauxwell.

TRYING TO OPEN A FRAY BENTOS PIE TIN.............

Nothing works!!!

I've spent the last couple of days chiseling away at it with a knife and a screwdriver, I've destroyed several tin openers, dropped it repeatedly, punched it, kicked it, called the pie a stubborn git, begged it to open, head butted it, and even partaken in demonic rituals and still can't open it...

I've tried to run over a tin in my car, and finished up with a raw steak and kidney up my rear wheel arches.

Do I eat the pie and ignore the metal, or eat the metal and ignore the pie?

I'm seriously thinking that when diplomancy fails and the Russians start to nuke us, I'll use em to build a nuclear shelter.

Advice needed urgently as I have reached the stage of not caring!!!

I WANT ME BLOODY PIE....

Gadzooks Sir. You certainly know how to fill the void of excitement left during the update don’t you. I varnished an old tall boy and sat sitting watching it dry to make up for the loss of stimulation during the time this forum was off the interweb thingy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Tried a sledge hammer this morning!

I've made a great big dent across the tin, and that's got the appearance of a mocking grin..