Dem Blades v Spurs.

11 hours ago, m williamson said:

Lording it over you lot? The only comments I've seen have been in response to Owls boasting about how superior they are.  Generally speaking Blades don't give a rats derriere what supporters of other clubs think of us, being a Blade is all that counts.

We don't regard ourselves as owt special, but it's immaterial because supporting United is enough and all that matters.

A large percentage of Owls on the other hand appear to be really concerned as to how they're viewed by other clubs supporters.

I've no idea as to why that is, but that's the way it comes across. 

Aye, there’s never been any cross city rivalry on here …everyone’s just got on fine ….its all a figment of my imagination clearly 🙄…..& if you believe anything I’ve stated, then as I said before…it’s not really the forum for you …

2 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Aye, there’s never been any cross city rivalry on here …everyone’s just got on fine ….its all a figment of my imagination clearly 🙄…..& if you believe anything I’ve stated, then as I said before…it’s not really the forum for you …

Cross city rivalry is one thing, attempting to make out that either of us is any more than a well supported club among many other similar clubs is a bit daft.

It'd be nice to be able to have a sensible chat between supporters about football in general and the future prospects of both clubs without someone telling us that his dad is bigger than our dad. 

On reflection I think you may well be right, this isn't really the forum for me.

51 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Cross city rivalry is one thing, attempting to make out that either of us is any more than a well supported club among many other similar clubs is a bit daft.

It'd be nice to be able to have a sensible chat between supporters about football in general and the future prospects of both clubs without someone telling us that his dad is bigger than our dad. 

On reflection I think you may well be right, this isn't really the forum for me.

I think you’re taking it all to heart too much ..posters on here stand up for their respective clubs & will always think their club is better than the other…& .you’ll always get the odd one or two who overstep the mark ,but thankfully they don’t last too long ..

Most supporters of  Wednesday & United are aware of the current problems facing both clubs & next season will be interesting on & off the pitch….especially on here ..

• Like 1

I don't take it to heart, it's simply the repetitiveness of the nonsense that I find tedious. There have also been times when against my better judgement I've been drawn into some daft comment in retaliation. As Mark Twain once said " never argue with fools, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ".

As you say next season will be ' interesting '.  As it stands I'd say Wednesday are in a better position from a morale point of view. United need a serious rebuild and I'm not in any way confident that the current owner and manager are the people I'd trust to do it.

The owner has made it perfectly clear he wants to sell and has no intention of spending on the squad. Obviously if he does sell and it's to the right buyer things may change. Otherwise I'm afraid that we'll struggle.

17 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

For years on this section,Unitedites have lorded it over Wednesdayites …..if you or anyone else of red & persuasion ,find it hard to understand why Wednesdayites are giving a little bit back after the season you’ve just endured then maybe it’s not the section for you or them eh ? 

We can still lord it. 

We don't have a rust bucket of a stadium & as yet a Chairman who has separated the ground from the stadium, sold it to himself to rent it back to himself by using the the money from the sale  to loan the money to himself that he then pays back to himself so that  he can then use the money to rent the ground out to himself & eventually pay himself back at some stage. 

One day he's going to forget where he is & set the debt collectors on himself. 

2 hours ago, m williamson said:

I don't take it to heart, it's simply the repetitiveness of the nonsense that I find tedious. There have also been times when against my better judgement I've been drawn into some daft comment in retaliation. As Mark Twain once said " never argue with fools, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ".

As you say next season will be ' interesting '.  As it stands I'd say Wednesday are in a better position from a morale point of view. United need a serious rebuild and I'm not in any way confident that the current owner and manager are the people I'd trust to do it.

The owner has made it perfectly clear he wants to sell and has no intention of spending on the squad. Obviously if he does sell and it's to the right buyer things may change. Otherwise I'm afraid that we'll struggle.

I think we’ve all got into discussions on here with “fools” at one time or another & later regretted it …😂

I can understand your unease at the situation at United …the owner appears to be doing nothing to convince supporters that  the manager will be backed financially next season…

As for Wednesday….it all hinges on Chansiri giving Danny Rohl what he wants to take the club forward…

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

We can still lord it. 

We don't have a rust bucket of a stadium & as yet a Chairman who has separated the ground from the stadium, sold it to himself to rent it back to himself by using the the money from the sale  to loan the money to himself that he then pays back to himself so that  he can then use the money to rent the ground out to himself & eventually pay himself back at some stage. 

Your description of how Chansiri does business is probably closer to the truth than some would imagine…

39 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

I think we’ve all got into discussions on here with “fools” at one time or another & later regretted it …😂

I can understand your unease at the situation at United …the owner appears to be doing nothing to convince supporters that  the manager will be backed financially next season…

As for Wednesday….it all hinges on Chansiri giving Danny Rohl what he wants to take the club forward…

The only thing Abdullah has convinced us Blades about is that he wants out. Hopefully he'll manage that soon and the new owner will show some ambition and be prepared to back us.

If that doesn't happen I can see us struggling next season and even getting involved in a relegation battle. They say winning becomes a habit, well so does losing, it's vital we get off to a good start. We'll have to wait and see what the reshaped squad looks like and hope we can avoid the number of injuries we've had recently.

As you say all Wednesday have to do is hang on to Rohl and back him. Sounds simple doesn't it? Well it would be anywhere else but this is Sheffield so who knows?

8 hours ago, Baron99 said:

We can still lord it. 

Chansiri is a clown but your guy took a loan secured against Prem money which ended with relegation and got the club in a mess that only promotion saved them from getting worse, he then did exactly the same again, the clocks ticking.