Will Sheffield deliver the first Yemeni MP

56 minutes ago, gaz678 said:

What about Rotherham Lord Amhed tuned out to be a child sex offender !

34 minutes ago, geared said:

or Imran Khan, Tory MP from Wakefield sent to prison for sexual assault of a minor.

Both not of Yemeni descent and both not relevant to this discussion; either for the origins of their descent or for their convictions?! Not sure what the point of these posts is?

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, geared said:

or Imran Khan, Tory MP from Wakefield sent to prison for sexual assault of a minor.

How about you both grow up and bury your prejudices and bigotry where the sun does not shine? 

• Like 4

It didn't take long for this thread to divert did it.
Nazir Ahmed was born in Pakistani Kashmir, and represented Rotherham, neither of which are Sheffield or Yemen

Imran Ahmad Khan Was UK born of mixed race British & India Pakistani origin, and represented Wakefield.
I can't see that either of the above are relevant to a Sheffield born prospective MP, who's family are of of Yemeni descent.

Since no-one has actually barred discussion on Izzard;

Eddie/Suzy Izzard on the other hand, was actually born in Yemen, though it was Aden at the time, has raised a huge amount of money for charity, as well as their political activism.
I suspect they could be a genuine asset to the Labour Party, but would unfortunately end up with a focus on the person, rather than their policies.

One thing I did find interesting was the full set of 5* reviews for Abtisam Mohamed on the legal site.
Almost all of the reviews have a high proportion of Unhelpful 👎 votes, despite the reviews themselves being unanimously positive; it struck me as unusual for a full set of 5* reviews to have so many down-ticks. I wonder why?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hawkeye58 said:

How about you both grow up and bury your prejudices and bigotry where the sun does not shine? 

Thank you I was thinking of how to phrase my response but can not better yours

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SheffieldForum said:

Both not of Yemeni descent and both not relevant to this discussion; either for the origins of their descent or for their convictions?! Not sure what the point of these posts is?

Just chatting in general said without prejudice no harm intended 😉 

16 minutes ago, bassett one said:

whos on the voting list?

So far we know of only Abtisam Mohamed for Labour, Michael Chambers for SDP and Isabel France for TUSC.

None of the other main parties have nominated a prospective parliamentary candidate yet, to my knowledge.

EDIT: For Sheffield Central constituancy, that is.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye58 said:

I don't see the issue with naming 3 dodgy Politicians we've recently had in Yorkshire is a problem?

Parties from both sides have been found lacking in their candidate selection recently, and it's quite right for it to be pointed out.

To add to the list I'd also like to include Azhar Ali, candidate for Rochdale who was dropped at the last minute due to some pretty outrageous comments made about the conflict in Gaza.  This was mere months ago, showing that clearly there is more work to be done.

Neither prejudice or bigotry.  Perhaps it's you that needs to shove something where the sun does not shine.

7 minutes ago, geared said:

I don't see the issue with naming 3 dodgy Politicians we've recently had in Yorkshire is a problem?

Parties from both sides have been found lacking in their candidate selection recently, and it's quite right for it to be pointed out.

To add to the list I'd also like to include Azhar Ali, candidate for Rochdale who was dropped at the last minute due to some pretty outrageous comments made about the conflict in Gaza.  This was mere months ago, showing that clearly there is more work to be done.

Neither prejudice or bigotry.  Perhaps it's you that needs to shove something where the sun does not shine.

Of course it is prejudice and  bigotry otherwise you would be listing all the corrupt politically incorrect and criminal white MPs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

Of course it is prejudice and  bigotry otherwise you would be listing all the corrupt politically incorrect and criminal white MPs

Perhaps if you bothered to read the entire thread you'd see they were named first???  \/ \/

Although if you'd like another Yorkshire politician how about Eric Illsley?

Sentenced to 12 months imprisonment.

13 hours ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

remembering Jared Cain O'Mara 

Edited by geared