Best and worst smells

13 minutes ago, Slighty batty said:

Come to think of it there is one horrible smell that I'll always associate with Sheffield. If they were brewing when you went over Lady's Bridge there was this awful pong of boiling hops. I used to find it quite stomach churning, did anyone else have that?

Yes, I took felt sick from the smell from wards brewery.

1 hour ago, Slighty batty said:

Come to think of it there is one horrible smell that I'll always associate with Sheffield. If they were brewing when you went over Lady's Bridge there was this awful pong of boiling hops. I used to find it quite stomach churning, did anyone else have that?

Yep. I’m with you there Slightly batty. If I was going to the transport canteen on Castlegate I’d usually lost my appetite if “that smell” was in the air.

5 hours ago, Slighty batty said:

I didn't find stomach churning but it wasn't nice, to say the least! :gag:

21 hours ago, Norbert said:

It's perspective isn't it, I associate bacon and cheese with death and rank coagulation.

I agree with you in principle, sadly I never quite made it with dairy. Meat yes but not dairy.

• Like 1

I always liked the smell of Izal disinfectant when my mum was mopping the floor.

Also smell of any onions being cooked.Although I could not eat tripe and onions they smelled great. 

Also any woodworking shop.

Dislike... a lingering smell of some dead animal from under the floor boards.Possibly a rat!