Calling all budding producers/vocalists

KidPhunk

Mornin

As the title suggests - this one is for all those budding producers/vocalists out there - you've heard of unsigned band nights well this is an unsigned dance music/leftfield producer night.

I have just been given a new night at DQ to start in September and I wanted to do something a bit different, being a producer/DJ myself I am always looking for new places to play my tunes but always feel that the audience don't even realise their mine unless I tell them - this way the crowd will know that the person behind the decks is playing their own tunes.

I am hoping to make it an eclectic night (all forms of dance music covered) with resident DJ's too - I also realise that not all producers are DJ's - that is not a problem - I want the night to be more about the music than DJ skills - if you can pluck up the courage to get on the decks and play a half hour set (mixed or not) on CD's or vinyl including one or more of your own productions that will be enough, also don't worry too much about quality of finish on tunes, mastered tunes are not essential as long as its the best you can get it, thats fine.

Alternatively any vocalists out there that have a backing CD or anything that can easily plug into a club soundsystem (synth wise), I have an SM58 mic, so you will also be very welcome to showcase your own stuff.

I am looking into getting sponsorship too to make the night more professional and hopefully attract local label interest - also if all goes well making it into a bit of a monthly competition with prizes etc.

Anyways I don't want to get ahead of myself so I'm just posting this to get some feedback and try and get an idea of the level of interest such a night could attract.

cheers

I make drum and bass and breaks myself so yeah that sounds good - this post is just to get some intitial feedback on the concept really - I'll post something more defined nearer the time - (posted the same thread on general chit chat and its being taken a little sarcasmly - so annoying!!!)

cheers for the post mate

I do a spot of Scottish dance music involving an accordion and a set of bagpipes I play by squeezing the bellows between my knees - it's in the style of Jimmy Shand and Andy "Donald where's Yer Troosers" Stewart.

Can do a short set, assuming you can provide me with kilt in the appropriate tartan.

Bumpety Bump - come on people - you must either yourself or know people who are into this kind of thing - don't be shy - this could be something really good and different - which is what Sheffield needs!!!!!

Greetings Mr. KidPhunk! Yep, I'd be up for this - have been producing a bit of stuff for a while in a funk/hip-hop/broken beat/UKG kind of vein and would be up for pummelling some of it out of DQ's soundsystem, attempting to reduce West One to rubble in the process ;)

Don't be put off by the jokers - I don't think anyone's trying to mock you or the idea - I actually though BasilRathbon's comment was quite funny.

Anyway, it's a good idea. :thumbsup:

Archived