Lineker Oversteps The Mark

2 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

So you thought you’d attack me ? 
Just thought it would save time if you told us but never mind 

I didn't attack you. I made a statement that you clearly didn't read the subject matter and then defended the one that was in the wrong because of your massively overt bias towards media outlets that are seemingly not the BBC. Claiming you're being attacked in a debate/discussion is the weapon of choice for those in a weak position. 

Maybe you should go and read/listen to Mosab Hassan Yousef's book or any of his interviews, particularly where he states categorically that ANY support for Palestine is support for HAMAS.

I mean I reckon he should know, being the son of the founder of the terror group. 

For reference, the organisation is PACBI, currently under international investigation for financial ties to terrorist organisations by funnelling aid donations to the Palestinian BDS National Committee (BNC), an umbrella organization for terrorists like Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Gary Lineker, the BBC's biggest earner, via the license payer funded fee, has proved the fact that footballers, (current & previous) & well paid MODT presenters aren't the sharpest tools in the box but are tools. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12967175/Hamas-news-hails-Gary-Lineker-anti-Israel-post-BBC.html

Lineker now trying to back track on his comments. 

I think it's about time the BBC dropped him.  The BBC could probably get Jermain Jenas anyway for half the price of Lineker? 

They both want leathering. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Resident said:

I didn't attack you. I made a statement that you clearly didn't read the subject matter and then defended the one that was in the wrong because of your massively overt bias towards media outlets that are seemingly not the BBC. Claiming you're being attacked in a debate/discussion is the weapon of choice for those in a weak position. 

Maybe you should go and read/listen to Mosab Hassan Yousef's book or any of his interviews, particularly where he states categorically that ANY support for Palestine is support for HAMAS.

I mean I reckon he should know, being the son of the founder of the terror group. 

For reference, the organisation is PACBI, currently under international investigation for financial ties to terrorist organisations by funnelling aid donations to the Palestinian BDS National Committee (BNC), an umbrella organization for terrorists like Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

So a Palestinian Support Group. I presume you’re aware that the right classes anything pro Palestinian or anti Israeli as antisemitic. The majority of countries going by how they vote in the UN don’t swallow the Israeli/Zionist line. 
But hey, there’s me again showing an « overt bias », unlike your objective self. Incidentally I can’t stand the BBC so don’t make assumptions based on your own subjective bias.

5 hours ago, Resident said:

You seem incapable of nuanced thinking in your dichotomous world view, any criticism of Israel means support for Hamas. You seem unaware of your own subjective  bias in believing and agreeing with what Mosab Yousef says as objective truth. The man is regularly bettered during interviews with those who question the official Israeli view. 

You appear irked that I haven’t read his book. Life is too short and so many books to read.

Seeing as we’re suggesting being better informed you might try reading Jewish Author and academic Norman Finkelstein’s book «  The Holocaust Industry » 

Peace and Love 

43 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

So a Palestinian Support Group. I presume you’re aware that the right classes anything pro Palestinian or anti Israeli as antisemitic. The majority of countries going by how they vote in the UN don’t swallow the Israeli/Zionist line. 
But hey, there’s me again showing an « overt bias », unlike your objective self. Incidentally I can’t stand the BBC so don’t make assumptions based on your own subjective bias.

Why can't you stand the BBC?

19 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Why can't you stand the BBC?

Mainly over its dealing with accusations of antisemitism within the Labour Party, additionally it likes to present itself as objective reality when it is the establishments mouthpiece. 
A lot to go into but Newsnight for example and it’s swallowing of the pro Israel line. 

ie. Israel good Palestine bad, 

Its uncritical covering of all things Royal. Lots of stuff.

The bland nature of BBC breakfast programmes.

3 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Mainly over its dealing with accusations of antisemitism within the Labour Party, additionally it likes to present itself as objective reality when it is the establishments mouthpiece. 
A lot to go into but Newsnight for example and it’s swallowing of the pro Israel line. 

ie. Israel good Palestine bad, 

Its uncritical covering of all things Royal. Lots of stuff.

The bland nature of BBC breakfast programmes.

Fair enough.

What's your opinion of the BBC refusing to call Hamas terrorists?

If I was in Gary Lineker's shoes  I would be thanking God every morning that Des Lynam defected to ITV which gave him the opportunity to be the main presenter of Match of the Day.  If it was not for Des Lynam leaving the BBC then Gary Lineker would not be enjoying the status which he has today.