Lineker Oversteps The Mark

9 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

You are being hyperbolic again.

No one is obsessed or particularly bothered by him but that doesn't mean folk shouldn't talk or give their views about him.

Why is it bothering you so much that people have an opinion on him?

You earlier correctly stated that he is entitled to his opinion regardless of whether you agree with him or not, so why does it bother you than others have an opinion?

Nah, don’t think I am. Seem to hate him. Probably because of his stance on immigration and asylum seekers etc.  Didn’t realise I wrote in «  hyperbolic » terms, alcoholic maybe 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

Nah, don’t think I am. Seem to hate him. Probably because of his stance on immigration and asylum seekers etc.  Didn’t realise I wrote in «  hyperbolic » terms, alcoholic maybe 

Well, quite.

On 19/05/2024 at 03:39, Baron99 said:

Gary Lineker, the BBC's biggest earner, via the license payer funded fee, has proved the fact that footballers, (current & previous) & well paid MODT presenters aren't the sharpest tools in the box but are tools. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12967175/Hamas-news-hails-Gary-Lineker-anti-Israel-post-BBC.html

Lineker now trying to back track on his comments. 

I think it's about time the BBC dropped him.  The BBC could probably get Jermain Jenas anyway for half the price of Lineker? 

I know that a great deal has been as is commented upon about Gary Lineker for his comments which his critics say contravene the rules of the BBC.

I just wonder if people have considered the likes of Andrew Neil? Like Lineker, he made various forays into politics, outside of his main job at the BBC as a senior political journalist - not only tweeting, but editing a sometimes very controversial right wing magazine, writing declamatory opinion pieces in various newspapers, and of course tweeting

17 hours ago, Mister M said:

I know that a great deal has been as is commented upon about Gary Lineker for his comments which his critics say contravene the rules of the BBC.

I just wonder if people have considered the likes of Andrew Neil? Like Lineker, he made various forays into politics, outside of his main job at the BBC as a senior political journalist - not only tweeting, but editing a sometimes very controversial right wing magazine, writing declamatory opinion pieces in various newspapers, and of course tweeting

Part of the revolving door between the mainstream press the BBC and the Conservative Party. Robert Gibb was head of live political programming between 2008-2017 before leaving to become Theresa May’s Spin Doctor, Director of Communication. Nick Robinson, formerly President of Oxford University Conservative Association , Laura Kuenssberg daughter of member  of advisory board of the Adam Smith Business School. Andrew Neil,  Chairman of Press Holdings Group which owns the Spectator, a hard-right Thatcherite and founder of GB News (LOL). David Dimbleby former member of Bullingdon Club at Eton. James Landale formerly diplomatic editor for the BBC News Channel applied to be Theresa May’s Communications Director. On and on.

BBC «left wing bias » my a*** . 

Gary Lineker’s nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Part of the revolving door between the mainstream press the BBC and the Conservative Party. Robert Gibb was head of live political programming between 2008-2017 before leaving to become Theresa May’s Spin Doctor, Director of Communication. Nick Robinson, formerly President of Oxford University Conservative Association , Laura Kuenssberg daughter of member  of advisory board of the Adam Smith Business School. Andrew Neil,  Chairman of Press Holdings Group which owns the Spectator, a hard-right Thatcherite and founder of GB News (LOL). David Dimbleby former member of Bullingdon Club at Eton. James Landale formerly diplomatic editor for the BBC News Channel applied to be Theresa May’s Communications Director. On and on.

BBC «left wing bias » my a*** . 

Gary Lineker’s nothing.

I know.

It's almost as if right winger's complain loudly enough, and often enough about the BBC being left wing, they'll nudge it further to the right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I know.

It's almost as if right winger's complain loudly enough, and often enough about the BBC being left wing, they'll nudge it further to the right.

Let’s be honest the Conservative Party and its cheerleaders like the Mail and Telegraph have long complained about BBC left wing bias when the reality is somewhat different. Its a pillar of establishment politics.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2024 at 13:10, Mister M said:

He should go as well, boring, opinionated, and a ridiculous rug!

2 minutes ago, prince al said:

He should go as well, boring, opinionated, and a ridiculous rug!

Rug is being generous - it suggests something luxuriant and full. His hair looks more like a well used scouring pad.

18 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Rug is being generous - it suggests something luxuriant and full. His hair looks more like a well used scouring pad.

Couple of strategically placed Shredded Wheat 😃