Sheffield Street Art

1 hour ago, SheffieldForum said:

New mural on the way…

That's good to see - that wall really stands out now with the new park and other new buildings around it.

• Like 1

For anyone interested in Street Art in Sheffield, Andy from Street Art Sheffield is doing a guided tour around the Cultural Industries Quarter this Sunday!

Info and tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/street-art-sheffield-ciq-tour-tickets-910774660527?app=web

On 30/05/2024 at 10:38, peak4 said:

I saw on a Crookes or Walkley Facebook group that another Phlegm artwork arrived on No Name cafe, but didn't share it at the time, as it is a private group
Phlegm Sheffield: Anonymous street artist spotted painting new mural on Crookes restaurant No Name The Star    

image_2024-05-30_103721899.png

I like Phlegm's work. It puts me in mind of Bruegel's phantasmagorical etchings.

15 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

I like Phlegm's work. It puts me in mind of Bruegel's phantasmagorical etchings.

Sadly not Sheffield Street artistry, but search for the works of Russian/American artist Boris Artzybasheff (1899-1965)
They would make wonderful murals in, what was,  the city of steel
image.png.14907306f024fd4f48d0fadd9566c503.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Sadly not Sheffield Street artistry, but search for the works of Russian/American artist Boris Artzybasheff (1899-1965)
They would make wonderful murals in, what was,  the city of steel

I've just had a quick search – yes, you're right.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m so glad that I don’t live in a city and that I live in lovely small village with nice surroundings plenty of green spaces with all types of wildlife to enjoy and appreciate….

I find any sort of street art distasteful to say the least….

5 hours ago, Box11 said:

I’m so glad that I don’t live in a city and that I live in lovely small village with nice surroundings plenty of green spaces with all types of wildlife to enjoy and appreciate….

I find any sort of street art distasteful to say the least….

That’s a shame because good street art (not graffiti) can be beautiful and vibrant, adding colour to an otherwise dull wall or space.

The new Peachzz wildlife mural at Pounds Park (Sheffield’s largest street art) is absolutely breathtaking in person:

Surely that is preferable to a blank brick wall?

• Like 4