American's in advanced talks to buy SUFC.

20 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

New owners always sounds good but if you end up with a Chansiri or a Vincent Tan the positives soon vanish.

Exactly, and long experience of how we tend to go on in this town tends to curb your enthusiasm. Money has damaged the game, too many corporate interests, whitewashing of dodgy regimes and suspect billionaires have been attracted into becoming involved.

The days of Dick Wragg, Eric Taylor and their like are gone,  certainly when it comes to the top two divisions.

I met Eric Taylor on a few occasions on business, both at Hillsborough and his home on Tom Lane. He was a gentleman and genuinely cared about your club.

43 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Exactly, and long experience of how we tend to go on in this town tends to curb your enthusiasm. Money has damaged the game, too many corporate interests, whitewashing of dodgy regimes and suspect billionaires have been attracted into becoming involved.

The days of Dick Wragg, Eric Taylor and their like are gone,  certainly when it comes to the top two divisions.

I met Eric Taylor on a few occasions on business, both at Hillsborough and his home on Tom Lane. He was a gentleman and genuinely cared about your club.

If only all chairmen were like Jack Walker these days.

• Like 1

On 22/05/2024 at 13:05, Top4719 said:

This info  has emerged from BS'er supreme Alan Nixon who's about as trustworthy as Herodotus. 🤣

On 28/05/2024 at 18:32, Alextopman said:

Good old Alan eh?.

On 28/05/2024 at 20:22, PapaLazarou said:

Totally made up by Nixon.

BS’er supreme.

Absolute fabrication.

Tomorrow we’ll wake up on all these reports in the national press will have vanished into thin air.

On 03/06/2024 at 22:39, Top4719 said:

I don't believe a single thing Nixon says, he's a total chancer.

Wow - such cynicism for Alan Nixon! 🤣

I know first hand that Nixon has really, really good sources at all the local clubs.

5 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Wow - such cynicism for Alan Nixon! 🤣

I know first hand that Nixon has really, really good sources at all the local clubs.

You really don't 🤣