Wood street houses Sheffield 1920

Just looking in old Kelly's directories, Walter White is given as the householder of 249 Penistone Road in directories up to that of 1925. The directories for 1931 to 1940 have Arthur White there. This is confirmed by the "1939 Register" (prepared on the outbreak of war) which has Arthur and Mabel White living there. Here is a copy of the relevant parts of the page.

249.jpg

The names I am looking for is William Oakley who was my Grampa  and then Edith shaw my great aunt. I was born in 1951 and lived there with my parents for a while   my aunt lived there until the houses were pulled down 

28 minutes ago, Diane Hawley said:

The names I am looking for is William Oakley who was my Grampa  and then Edith shaw my great aunt. I was born in 1951 and lived there with my parents for a while   my aunt lived there until the houses were pulled down 

Possibly living Grove Square 1921.

Also a baptism 11 October 1922 for an Albert Ernest Oakley, parents William (labourer) and Alice Maud of 4 Wilmot Terrace. Marriage 25 December 1913 at St John the Baptist Owlerton, William Oakley age 26, steel works labourer of 9 Elm Terrace, to Alice Maud Ibbotson age 25 of 24 Harewood Rd.  Parents William Oakley (hoist attendant) and William Ibbotson (labourer) 

And a couple of burials. 25 February 1955 Alice Maud Oakley, housewife age 66. Died at City General hospital. Buried City Rd, same plot as William Oakley, retired aged 69, buried 16 January 1957 from Winter St hospital