Police incidents on Woodburn Road & Attercliffe Road

4 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I believe I quoted all your post just not in the same reply 👍

That’s what I meant by you posted snippets of it. 

If anyone wants to have an adult discussion about the content of the two videos circulating once the cartoon posting kids have gone to bed let me know, in the case of the Woodbourne Rd one it may be worth reading up on the group Brigade Nhamedu first.

• 1 month later...

The incident on Woodbourne Rd was a very serious one, 10 people hospitalized with two in a critical condition along with 25 arrests, not been a mention of it since the end of May (it happened on the 25th), very odd.

• Like 1

Not a mention, apart from the appeal for information in the middle of June.

Published:14:5014/06/2024

Officers in Sheffield investigating reports of disorder in Woodbourn Road have issued a new appeal for information after making a further arrest.

A total of 27 people have now been arrested after a large group of people were allegedly seen fighting in the street on the afternoon of Saturday 25 May.

The most recent arrest saw a 48-year-old man arrested on suspicion of violent disorder following a warrant which was executed at an address in Middlewood last Thursday (6 June).

A second warrant was also carried out last Thursday at a premises near Sheffield city centre, with officers recovering two potential weapons and mobile phones from both warrants.

The 48-year-old who was arrested has since been released on police bail and remains under investigation.

The alleged disorder saw 21 people get taken to hospital. Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening and they have all since been discharged to continue their recovery at home.

A number of enquiries, including CCTV trawls and collecting witness statements, have been carried out to piece together the circumstances of this incident and we are now issuing a fresh appeal for information and witnesses.

Which was reported in The Star here

Apart from that, not a mention.

39 minutes ago, dan_999uk said:

Not a mention, apart from the appeal for information in the middle of June.

Which was reported in The Star here

Apart from that, not a mention.

I meant more that there's been no mention in the media but fair point, still very low key for such a serious incident.

2 hours ago, Top4719 said:

The incident on Woodbourne Rd was a very serious one, 10 people hospitalized with two in a critical condition along with 25 arrests, not been a mention of it since the end of May (it happened on the 25th), very odd.

What updates were you expecting? Usually an update is given when people are arrested, then again when people are charged (and named) and then again when it gets to court. 

26 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

I meant more that there's been no mention in the media but fair point, still very low key for such a serious incident.

It was reported in the media, the link is in the post you're replying to. 

It's not usual for the police to release daily or weekly updates on any investigations, even those involving immigrants.