Police incidents on Woodburn Road & Attercliffe Road

1 minute ago, Top4719 said:

Are you even watching the right video, it's very clearly night time. 😆

Watching first one on the thread. I'm sure you'll pos t a link to the 3am one, Thanks,

53 minutes ago, Longcol said:

No sign of leathers / denims,boots, using chains etc.

It’s pretty obvious in the video that there’s people wearing biker jackets to be fair 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I'm sure I asked @mafya if his cousin had any. I don't think I got a reply. 

He rents the building out and the tenants might have put cctv up but he hasn’t got any of his own up. I’m sure a bit further down on the old Hitchens building side there is a cctv camera on a lamppost near to the Hotshots snooker club.

There are other businesses in the vicinity that have cctv so I’m sure the police will end up with some evidence once the bank holiday is over.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

3am / 10pm? It was daylight, otherwise streetlamps would have been on, cars would have been using headlamps.

Are we talking about two different incidents here?
In my two previous posts, I'm referring to the very shaky video on Attercliffe Road, just up from the old Banners store, shot in early darkness with street lights on.

That started being mentioned somewhere around page 5 on this thread, with various speculations from folk who didn't see anything in person themselves.

image.png.bb77d8a1beb524f4ebcfe587f77cca4e.png

The earlier incident on Woodbourn Rd, was the original reason for this thread,  which is in daylight, and apparently involved Ethiopians raiding an Eritrean party; nothing to do with bikers.
BBC news link, so yes it was reported on at least one national outlet, and also by The Yorkshire Post  see also The Star, Daily Mail, Yahoo, MSN, GB News etc.

This screenshot is from the Attercliffe disturbance, which thus far hasn't had much coverage, other than wild speculation on Sheffield Forum,  Facebook, Twitter [X],  and maybe other social media that I don't follow.

image.png.888c306885c7ea5f04a7a8e6b826d1f2.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

Watching first one on the thread. I'm sure you'll pos t a link to the 3am one, Thanks,

I got disturbed part way through typing my previous post, so missed your earlier query
Here's the Sheffield News Facebook post, now with 2.8K comments; I'll let you read them yourself, but largely uninformed speculation
https://www.facebook.com/100063612483091/videos/1533493434217136/

Sheffield OnLine which has the comment from the woman in the cafe opposite
https://www.facebook.com/onlinesheffield/posts/pfbid0i2qLpFkPF39rXVwWEAQsqtHo6qwRJMNVNd3hVpFVrJRKekKANiNuNyNik2J1rCbql

and Sheffield OnLine  Twitter  Look at the replies on this one.

8 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

I didn’t think it was clear, hence why I asked.

There does seem to be an undercurrent to certain people’s posts in certain topics where they drop knowing hints but don’t come out and say what they actually mean, I was just checking what you did mean.

I think it’s called “dog whistle racism”, it’s nearly always there with certain posters I’ve noticed. It’s clearly done consciously.

6 hours ago, peak4 said:

To be fair, on a large screen monitor, it appears to be a back-patch bikers club involved on one side; various commentaries claim it was near their clubhouse.

That appears to be substantiated, both on here and elsewhere.
I'm not going to start speculating which club, but it doesn't look like Hells Angels, Satans Slaves, or The Druids.
The other group seem to be masked up and dressed in black.
The comments on Sheffield News FB group, about it happening at 3am seem to be refuted by someone who said they were at a party in a cafe opposite, and claimed it was about 10pm; their own event, due to finish at 3am was curtailed, with the shutters being pulled down by the cafe management for the customer's safety.
Clearly there were plenty of actual witnesses, viewing from directly opposite,  so the facts may well come out in due course.
Lots of comments spread over a couple of Sheffield Facebook groups, one with north of 2500 posts, so I can't be bothered to trawl through them, though I read quite a few yesterday.
I only found the woman in the cafe who claimed to be an actual witness; on the post I saw, she didn't identify the groups; she may have done so elsewhere.
Most of the rest of the comments are pure speculation from people who very obviously were not witness to the event; indeed many are from individuals overseas.
Seems to be a fair split of people claiming two biker clubs, and others blaming "cultural diversity", religious affiliations, and other such terms.
Very clear that many of the folk speculating are quite keen for it to be race/religion based, many of them aren't even in Sheffield.

My GOD . Your last two sentences ! Whatever gave you that idea ?

8 hours ago, Top4719 said:

There was an undercurrent in your posts suggesting this was two biker gangs purely based on social media speculation, there are far more posts and video footage suggesting it wasn't that but you ran with it anyway.

Why are you so desperate for it to not be two biker gangs?

You come across as so desperately wanting it to be otherwise for some reason?

It may well be local youths, a religious group, a ‘group of refugees’, a fallout over drugs, or something else — but you are just as seemingly happy to blindly accept the social media speculation that fits into your own bias as anyone else who is speculating on it being different to your view. However you are coming across a little like you absolutely want it to be something rather than just speculating like everyone else?

16 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Why are you so desperate for it to not be two biker gangs?

You come across as so desperately wanting it to be otherwise for some reason?

It may well be local youths, a religious group, a ‘group of refugees’, a fallout over drugs, or something else — but you are just as seemingly happy to blindly accept the social media speculation that fits into your own bias as anyone else who is speculating on it being different to your view. However you are coming across a little like you absolutely want it to be something rather than just speculating like everyone else?

He is hoping it is ethnics attacking the bikers, once it been proved it wasn’t then he will disappear.

The poster also has a habit of doing the same in regards to sex offenders, once he finds out it’s non ethnic offenders he seems to l disappear and puts his selective outrage back in his pocket.

To be fair it’s become the norm from what I see on social media, if it’s ethnics or immigrants the comment section gets posts in the 100 plus range but when it’s not then the post count is usually below 100.

There is a post on Sheffield online about a woman getting attacked in her car yesterday in Shirecliffe and one poster asked what ethnicity the offenders were and specifically wether they were African or Indians!

When another poster challenged her on it she replied they were about 80% responsible etc and other stuff.

Unfortunately racism-bigotry is on the rise and it seems some people just have to have a go and let out their true feelings hiding behind anonymity.

I grew up in the foreigner bashing era of the 70-80s and sadly it seems any race relations progress made in the last 30 plus years is slowly rewinding back to the old days.

What concerns me is my kids are mixed Pakistani/English heritage and there have been incidents of school peers calling them a racist slang word beginning with P and ending in I and I think what is the future going to be like for them.

Racism is also starting to rear its head in the ethnic communities too against the English/white people which is also concerning.

• Like 2