Police incidents on Woodburn Road & Attercliffe Road

12 minutes ago, mafya said:

The comments I’m referring to in the above post=

Wow.

Sheffield Online (and Sheffield News) are horrendous pages though - largely dogwhistle pages that seem to encourage discriminatory views and anythig else goes to build up their engagement in order to sell undisclosed ads.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Wow.

Sheffield Online (and Sheffield News) are horrendous pages though - largely dogwhistle pages that seem to encourage discriminatory views and anythig else goes to build up their engagement in order to sell undisclosed ads.

Sheffield Online once live streamed someone threatening to throw themselves off one of the city centre car parks. Run by an absolute moron.

Was banned from there years ago for calling him out.

Edited by HeHasRisen

59 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Wow.

Yep, and when people post about an incident "I heard that..." it's often from one of these pages. Absolute pits of the thickest and most racist people.

1 hour ago, mafya said:

He is hoping it is ethnics attacking the bikers, once it been proved it wasn’t then he will disappear.

The poster also has a habit of doing the same in regards to sex offenders, once he finds out it’s non ethnic offenders he seems to l disappear and puts his selective outrage back in his pocket.

To be fair it’s become the norm from what I see on social media, if it’s ethnics or immigrants the comment section gets posts in the 100 plus range but when it’s not then the post count is usually below 100.

There is a post on Sheffield online about a woman getting attacked in her car yesterday in Shirecliffe and one poster asked what ethnicity the offenders were and specifically wether they were African or Indians!

When another poster challenged her on it she replied they were about 80% responsible etc and other stuff.

Unfortunately racism-bigotry is on the rise and it seems some people just have to have a go and let out their true feelings hiding behind anonymity.

I grew up in the foreigner bashing era of the 70-80s and sadly it seems any race relations progress made in the last 30 plus years is slowly rewinding back to the old days.

What concerns me is my kids are mixed Pakistani/English heritage and there have been incidents of school peers calling them a racist slang word beginning with P and ending in I and I think what is the future going to be like for them.

Racism is also starting to rear its head in the ethnic communities too against the English/white people which is also concerning.

Here's an article about recent murder in Sheffield that nobody has posted about.

These murderers are the wrong colour! I ordered brown murderers!

14 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Did you post about it at the time? 

Why would anyone?
This is a local forum, so a victim's family or friends might be further upset by reading it all over again.
The story was widely reported as a news item, so is it appropriate to cause further distress by expanding on it here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Did you post about it at the time? 

No, I don't generally feel the need to bring every crime to the attention of Sheffield Forum readers. There are some things worth commenting on, but in a case like this it's hard to see what people could post other than variants of 'this is bad' or 'these are bad people'. I get that some people get something out of that ritual, but personally I don't.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Wow.

Have a look at the Twitter replies to the video I posted earlier; Sheffield Online-Twitter [X] seems to have a certain following.
https://x.com/onlinesheffield/status/1794680996249706960

The same video was also posted by a Sheffield councillor Maroof Raouf     Council website link

As you can see, the replies are mainly a bit different, though less numerous; the very last one below the More Replies button might be of interest, though I suspect the poster might have jumped to the wrong conclusion.

That's twice there has been a #riot on the streets of Sheffield involving weapons.  
@syptweet  what are you doing to ensure the public can feel safe after today's events at Woodbourn Rd and Attercliffe Rd?

https://x.com/MRaoufNES/status/1794530536054202448