Police incidents on Woodburn Road & Attercliffe Road

1 hour ago, peak4 said:

Have a look at the Twitter replies to the video I posted earlier; Sheffield Online-Twitter [X] seems to have a certain following.
https://x.com/onlinesheffield/status/1794680996249706960

The same video was also posted by a Sheffield councillor Maroof Raouf     Council website link

As you can see, the replies are mainly a bit different, though less numerous; the very last one below the More Replies button might be of interest, though I suspect the poster might have jumped to the wrong conclusion.

That's twice there has been a #riot on the streets of Sheffield involving weapons.  
@syptweet  what are you doing to ensure the public can feel safe after today's events at Woodbourn Rd and Attercliffe Rd?

https://x.com/MRaoufNES/status/1794530536054202448

How many hundreds of times have we seen that sort of behaviour connected to football? And yet that seems to be almost accepted as normal. Perhaps the non-white young men of Darnall and Attercliffe who fancy a ruck should hitch their loutishness to England's national game, in order to be accepted.

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

How many hundreds of times have we seen that sort of behaviour connected to football? And yet that seems to be almost accepted as normal. Perhaps the non-white young men of Darnall and Attercliffe who fancy a ruck should hitch their loutishness to England's national game, in order to be accepted.

Accepted?.

6 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Accepted?.

For some people it's part of the day out at the football. On the Steel City derby days, loads of people just stay home because they don't want to get caught up in the agro - they don't generally lobby their councillors and MPs to intervene. I'd say that's a level of acceptance, yes.

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

There's clutching at straws then there's this, which appears to be clutching at the entire hay bale.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Resident said:

There's clutching at straws then there's this, which appears to be clutching at the entire hay bale.....

Is it? And what am I clutching at straws to avoid?

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

For some people it's part of the day out at the football. On the Steel City derby days, loads of people just stay home because they don't want to get caught up in the agro - they don't generally lobby their councillors and MPs to intervene. I'd say that's a level of acceptance, yes.

So what are you saying,  is it we should accept Asian people behaving like that??..

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

Seriously?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Seriously?

Yeah seriously. I know plenty of people who live reasonably near Hillsborough or Brammal Lane who don't go out on derby days, they're known for blokes having a pop at each other and people don't want to get caught up in it. Were you not aware?