National Service for 18 year olds

35 minutes ago, melthebell said:

tell that to Russia, Israel and the US

Or Rwanda (amongst others)
Rwandan Meddling Is Deepening Congo's Deadly Conflict   Bloomberg, via archive.ph
Fighting involves scores of armed groups, deep ethnic tensions and at least five national armies, and has reached a peak not seen in at least a decade.

Rwanda has deployed about 3,000 troops to eastern Congo, according to three western officials in the region, and trains M23 rebels at a remote camp near the countries’ border, five ex-fighters who trained there said. It’s unleashed an unprecedented flood of arms to the rebels – including fixed-wing drones, Israeli-made grenade launchers, drone jammers and Russian SPG-9 anti-tank grenade launchers, according to UN investigators and data shared with Bloomberg by a military contractor hired by the Congolese army to fight M23.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cressida said:

Sir Keir seems a very cautious leader,  if war arrives while Labour is in power hopefully they'll cope.

I've got my fingers crosses for a happy ending.

No war, a healthy economy and a bright future. If anyone can deliver that they'll have my vote. I very much doubt Starmer can but I guess we'll see soon enough cressida lovey 👍

• Like 1

The Yanks, Russia, the EU States, Japan and our good selves have all had enough of war, if others want a taste of it we should not show our hypocrisy by playing big brother, they will soon discover that they don’t care for the taste of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peak4 said:

Or Rwanda (amongst others)
Rwandan Meddling Is Deepening Congo's Deadly Conflict   Bloomberg, via archive.ph...

A good point. And while our Government gives money to Rwanda, the US has suspended military aid to that country over it’s support for the M23 rebels who “recruited or used child soldiers...”.

https://www.theafricareport.com/323896/us-suspends-military-aid-to-rwanda-over-support-for-m23-rebels-in-drc/

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

I've got my fingers crosses for a happy ending.

No war, a healthy economy and a bright future. If anyone can deliver that they'll have my vote. I very much doubt Starmer can but I guess we'll see soon enough cressida lovey 👍

I like a happy ending.