Are you fat Or are you living with overweight? 

NHS blasted for being 'politically correct' after it emerges official advice describes fat people as 'living with overweight'

The NHS has been blasted for being 'politically correct' after it emerged that official advice described fat people as 'living with overweight'.

The NHS weight advice reads: 'Living with overweight and obesity can affect your quality of life and contribute to mental health problems, such as depression, and can also affect self-esteem.'

Experts claim that using 'first-person' language like this reduces discrimination, which comes after research stated that calling someone large was offensive, the Sun reports.

Your thoughts?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13465477/NHS-blasted-politically-correct-fat-people-overweight.html

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

NHS blasted for being 'politically correct' after it emerges official advice describes fat people as 'living with overweight'

The NHS has been blasted for being 'politically correct' after it emerged that official advice described fat people as 'living with overweight'.

The NHS weight advice reads: 'Living with overweight and obesity can affect your quality of life and contribute to mental health problems, such as depression, and can also affect self-esteem.'

Experts claim that using 'first-person' language like this reduces discrimination, which comes after research stated that calling someone large was offensive, the Sun reports.

Your thoughts?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13465477/NHS-blasted-politically-correct-fat-people-overweight.html

I think its against the law to call anyone fat .

Me and the missus watch a show called My 600 pound life.

It's really surprising that every single one of these obese folk are obese because they eat absolute garbage, eat enough garbage to feed a family of four each setting and do absolutely no exercise.

Thank goodness the NHS has given the advice out that being obsese can affect your health and self esteem otherwise folk would not have known.

It may seem a little brusk my post but I love me grub, I love stuff that's unhealthy, love fast food and all things bad but I know it's unhealthy and I know I pack the weight on if I eat crap, so I dont..... So why cant others?

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Me and the missus watch a show called My 600 pound life.

It's really surprising that every single one of these obese folk are obese because they eat absolute garbage, eat enough garbage to feed a family of four each setting and do absolutely no exercise.

Thank goodness the NHS has given the advice out that being obsese can affect your health and self esteem otherwise folk would not have known.

It may seem a little brusk my post but I love me grub, I love stuff that's unhealthy, love fast food and all things bad but I know it's unhealthy and I know I pack the weight on if I eat crap, so I dont..... So why cant others?

Sounds like tha likes a gargle an’al 😂

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

For some people it's cyclical, if people over eat because they are depressed, I don't think calling them fat is particularly helpful

Would “big boned “ be better ? 

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Would “big boned “ be better ? 

No not really. 

If someone is at risk from an illness as a consequence of being over weight, such as diabetes, then that can be discussed with the health professional...

Not really sure why this is being framed as a 'political correctness' issue - oh it's the Daily Mail, that's why.

On a few occasions when in Ikea restaurant at Gateshead I’ve seen obese adults with obese children under the age of 12 and I do mean obese, the adults struggle to walk because they are grossly overweight. Is it neglect allowing  the  children to be overweight the same as the parents?

I agree with Al, I also like unhealthy fast food and chocolate but don’t eat it every day because it’s harmful to your health.