Who's joining Tommy?

52 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Considering the 'slightly' obnoxious organisations he has been/is a member of, that was probably another 'useful' hook.

My bold

Who cares if it was? The message got out and as a result children have been saved and paedophiles have been prosecuted. That's a good thing, right?

5 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

The evidence is that they were non-existent in the UK in the 1990s and now happen quite regularly, and very rarely involve white British people. Last year a third of acid attacks in London were in Newham, which is the area with the lowest (or second lowest) number of white British people in the country. You can try and deny it all you like, but 99.9% of acid attacks are due to the importation of a stone age way of thinking.

Well obviously immigration does bring some desirable consequences. I don't have a problem with foreign doctors or Filipino nurses for instance. My concern is more to do with the fact that the bad is now outweighing the good.

You seem to be struggling with the concept of evidence. 

This programme talks about the issue as one that is linked to other crimes. It's totally plausible, for example, that in reaction to other criminals carrying knives, some criminals have taken to using acid, because then you don't need to got too close to the guy with the knife. The article also says that London has more acid attacks than anywhere else in the world - if you were right, and this was due to a percentage of people from other countries going there, then you would expect much higher numbers of attacks in the counties that those people came from than in London. In x number of years, the number of acid attacks will go down, because as I said, different types of crime rise and fall - crime is very dynamic. But that will have nothing to do with whether immigration is up or down.

Just now, Delbow said:

if you were right, and this was due to a percentage of people from other countries going there, then you would expect much higher numbers of attacks in the counties that those people came from than in London.

No you wouldn't. They know they would face severe consequences back in their country of origin, where as in the UK they get a slap on the wrist.

6 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

No you wouldn't. They know they would face severe consequences back in their country of origin, where as in the UK they get a slap on the wrist.

This is just made up stuff, it's in your head. 

You mentioned Newham - that's the end of London where the Krays and their associates and rivals did their business. It's where the ripper murders took place. Crime in East London has always been higher than in other parts of London or other parts of the country, hasn't it? Why do you think that is?

6 hours ago, hackey lad said:

My Dad used to say , if you can’t feight wear a big hat .

My Dad said similar but it was something like if you're incompetent and don't know what you're supposed to be doing, wear a big hat.

11 minutes ago, Delbow said:

This is just made up stuff, it's in your head. 

You mentioned Newham - that's the end of London where the Krays and their associates and rivals did their business. It's where the ripper murders took place. Crime in East London has always been higher than in other parts of London or other parts of the country, hasn't it? Why do you think that is?

I'm talking about a specific crime which was non-existent previously, and has only come about due mass immigration from a certain area. You talking about murders is just whataboutism. Murders happen everywhere. Acid attacks don't.

3 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

I'm talking about a specific crime which was non-existent previously, and has only come about due mass immigration from a certain area. You talking about murders is just whataboutism. Murders happen everywhere. Acid attacks don't.

Which area then?

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, butlers said:

Indeed. We have to go back to pre-Victorian times to find an example of when the white British population were carrying out these sorts of attacks. Funnily enough they died out for about 200 years and have now made a comeback for reasons we all know. Show me a news article from the last decade where a man named John Smith or similar carried one out.

Edited by Vrsaljko