Boeing, Boeing...

Things are looking less than good at Boeing. This article contains allegations from its mechanics that they are being pressured by managers to cover up safety concerns. The company is facing several lawsuits and regulatory action because of its apparent / alleged cost cutting impacting safety - safety having historically been the central priority of the aviation industry. 

Several employees have blown the whistle on this in the US. One recently died after a short illness and another accidentally blew his own brains out while shaving

Something seems seriously wrong with this company.

4 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Things are looking less than good at Boeing. This article contains allegations from its mechanics that they are being pressured by managers to cover up safety concerns. The company is facing several lawsuits and regulatory action because of its apparent / alleged cost cutting impacting safety - safety having historically been the central priority of the aviation industry. 

Several employees have blown the whistle on this in the US. One recently died after a short illness and another accidentally blew his own brains out while shaving

Something seems seriously wrong with this company.

No mention of shaving in that . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No mention of shaving in that . 

It was a reference to the Blackadder episode where Baldrick becomes the one voter in a rotten borough after the previous voter 'accidentally cut his head off while shaving', i.e. is bumped off.

21 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It was a reference to the Blackadder episode where Baldrick becomes the one voter in a rotten borough after the previous voter 'accidentally cut his head off while shaving', i.e. is bumped off.

A bit like one of the few things that's improved in Putin's Russia; defenestration techniques

Meanwhile, I read this article a while ago, and could see many parallels with my ex employer before I retired
Suicide Mission
What Boeing did to all the guys who remember how to build a plane  The American Prospect

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

My favourite episode, pure genius.

45 minutes ago, peak4 said:

A bit like one of the few things that's improved in Putin's Russia; defenestration techniques

Meanwhile, I read this article a while ago, and could see many parallels with my ex employer before I retired
Suicide Mission
What Boeing did to all the guys who remember how to build a plane  The American Prospect

Really interesting (and somewhat terrifying) article, thanks. Union-busting in an industry where safety is paramount is beyond comprehension and shows a total disregard for passengers.

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

Oh , hilarious.

59 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Those guinea pigs on their spaceship have got some balls

Boeing forced to call off launch of crewed Starliner Nasa spacecraft with minutes to go

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/06/01/boeing-scrap-tarliner-nasa-spacecraft-launch

^ yeah, I wouldn't be keen to get in that. This is the latest in a long list of problems with Starliner

Surprisingly, Boeing's share price has held up fairly well - someone should short them.