Boeing, Boeing...

11 hours ago, Baron99 said:

And yet another Boeing incident as the plane drops towards the ocean

https://www.itv.com/news/2024-06-17/investigation-launched-after-boeing-737-max-8-drops-within-400ft-of-ocean

"And which particular seat would you like to sit in sir?" 

"I'll take one on an Airbus!" 

Pretty poor from ITV 'journalists' there. The link to Boeing is pretty tenuous as both incidents clearly describe pilot error - with one of them accidentally leaning on the controls and in the other incident, the pilot misunderstood a command. 

I appreciate Boeing is bogeyman number one at the moment with their technical failures, but this particular circumstances could have happened with an Airbus or Fokker or Embraer plane just as easy,  because it was a fleshy part behind the controls that caused the problem. 

Seems a bit of unnecessary kicking to me by trying to desperately link it up with the ongoing boeing saga.  What they're going to do next, blame a steward running out of snacks on Boeing too. 

Boeing should face criminal charges, say US prosecutors

The DoJ last month told a federal court in Texas that Boeing had violated the terms of a 2021 settlement in which it agreed to pay $2.5bn (£2bn) in penalties and compensation to airline customers and families of those who died in two fatal crashes. Boeing failed to “design, implement, and enforce a compliance and ethics programme to prevent and detect violations of the US fraud laws throughout its operations”, according to the court filing.

I think they need to throw the CEO and a few other C level executives in jail and tell the company's other senior managers they'll be joining them if they don't start putting safety over profit.

1 hour ago, altus said:

Boeing should face criminal charges, say US prosecutors

I think they need to throw the CEO and a few other C level executives in jail and tell the company's other senior managers they'll be joining them if they don't start putting safety over profit.

What exactly is the recent position considering the article you quote is 3 years old. 

What criminal charges have actually been brought, proven and determined in court of law in order to bring jail sentences to the CEO and all the c-level executives as you state they deserve?? 

3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

What exactly is the recent position considering the article you quote is 3 years old. 

What criminal charges have actually been brought, proven and determined in court of law in order to bring jail sentences to the CEO and all the c-level executives as you state they deserve?? 

The article I quoted is from today. It references an older article from 3 years ago.

You might want to look up the deferred prosecution agreement Boing entered into to avoid prosecution 3 years ago that the DoJ say they have violated. That's why the article is titled "Boeing should face criminal charges, say US prosecutors – reports".

2 minutes ago, altus said:

The article I quoted is from today. It references an older article from 3 years ago.

You might want to look up the deferred prosecution agreement Boing entered into to avoid prosecution 3 years ago that the DoJ say they have violated. That's why the article is titled "Boeing should face criminal charges, say US prosecutors – reports".

My mistake. Wrong link. 

• Thanks 1