Maranello Italian Restaurant Ecclesall Road

SheffBloke

Been there loads of times. My husband is Italian and thinks the food there is very good and different from the usual stuff you find in British Italian restaurants. You can get things like fillet steak with truffles and there is a really good wine menu. I highly recommend it.

It's run by Lucia, sister of Vito who runs Vito's on South Road in Walkley. Lucia used to help Vito in his restaurant and was the main chef, but has now taken over her own place. Haven't been yet but the food at Vito's was always fantastic when she was in the kitchen. The menu parallels that at Vito's. Vito imports his own wine, hence the lovely wine list. So with that pedigree it should be good.

And no, I'm no relation nor staff, just love decent italian food!

• 5 years later...
:) I wanted a good Italian to go to for our son's 21st birthday. Checked Sheffield Forum and we booked at Maranello's. Everyone had something different, including main courses of pasta, pizza, steak and chicken dishes. The food was delicious. Arrived hot and freshly cooked. Service very good. Friendly, nice atmosphere, can recommend it.

Are you guys for real was there Saturday with a large party and nobody enjoyed it. bread with no butter dry food expensive for what you get I eat out very regular and this was the worst i have being to in a long time.

Leopold square is where so good ones are

Maranellos never again sorry guys was that bad

Are you guys for real was there Saturday with a large party and nobody enjoyed it. bread with no butter dry food expensive for what you get I eat out very regular and this was the worst i have being to in a long time.

Leopold square is where so good ones are

Maranellos never again sorry guys was that bad

Leopold Sq is not where good restaurants are at all - unless you like stuff warmed up in the microwave, as they're chain Italians! Don't post if you are being silly!

Archived