So who should use our bogs

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, pfifes said:

Ah, I’ll explain.  Mr ECCOnoob said in another thread that having sewage pumped into our rivers is a ‘trivial thing’. He’s a big fan of neoliberalism and thinks some 💩in our water is a trifling triviality which we should all stop worrying our little heads about. 
What do you think Al?  Would you care for a nice glass of cold water from your kitchen tap with a twist of 💩

It is a relatively trivial thing... when you, at the time on that specific thread, were desperately trying to present it as a prime example of the downfall of all modern society and all the fault of the supposed failures of global neoliberalism which was total nonsense and I called you out on it. 

Now, what any of that has got to do with a discussion about who should use public toilet facilities god only knows.

You are like the child who bursts in to interrupt the adults having a conversation to say something silly and then goes running off to play with their toys again.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

It is a relatively trivial thing... when you, at the time on that specific thread, were desperately trying to present it as a prime example of the downfall of all modern society and all the fault of the supposed failures of global neoliberalism which was total nonsense and I called you out on it. 

Now, what any of that has got to do with a discussion about who should use public toilet facilities god only knows.

You are like the child who bursts in to interrupt the adults having a conversation to say something silly and then goes running off to play with their toys again.

Ah, but is it ‘relatively trivial’ for untreated sewage to pumped in our rivers?  

‘In May 2024, a team of the UK's top engineers and scientists warned of the growing public health risk from human faeces in the country's rivers, and called for more regular testing.

The presence of faeces can expose people to bacteria such as salmonella and E.coli, which cause diarrhoea and vomiting, or viruses like hepatitis A which can lead to liver infection.

Cambridge rowing boat with water splashing up

IMAGE SOURCE, GETTY IMAGES

Image caption, Rowers taking part in the 2024 Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race were told not to swallow any splashed water after E.coli was found

Also in May, thousands of residents in Devon were told to drink bottled water after their supply was contaminated with the cryptosporidium parasite - possibly as a result of a faulty valve on private land. Consumption of the parasite can cause prolonged diarrhoea.‘

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/news/2021/november/the-deadly-effects-of-sewage-pollution-on-nature.html

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/sewage-in-water-a-growing-public-health-problem

https://www.sas.org.uk/water-quality/water-quality-facts-and-figures/the-risks-of-mixing-with-sewage/

All very childish and trivial I’m sure.   Not for proper grown up discussions like bickering about unisex toilets and vast disparity of wealth being a wonderful thing.  So wonderful that clean water is LUXURY!!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, pfifes said:

Ah, I’ll explain.  Mr ECCOnoob said in another thread that having sewage pumped into our rivers is a ‘trivial thing’. He’s a big fan of neoliberalism and thinks some 💩in our water is a trifling triviality which we should all stop worrying our little heads about. 
What do you think Al?  Would you care for a nice glass of cold water from your kitchen tap with a twist of 💩

Does the tap water have poo in it?

4 minutes ago, pfifes said:

Ah, but is it ‘relatively trivial’ for untreated sewage to pumped in our rivers?  

‘In May 2024, a team of the UK's top engineers and scientists warned of the growing public health risk from human faeces in the country's rivers, and called for more regular testing.

The presence of faeces can expose people to bacteria such as salmonella and E.coli, which cause diarrhoea and vomiting, or viruses like hepatitis A which can lead to liver infection.

Cambridge rowing boat with water splashing up

IMAGE SOURCE, GETTY IMAGES

Image caption, Rowers taking part in the 2024 Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race were told not to swallow any splashed water after E.coli was found

Also in May, thousands of residents in Devon were told to drink bottled water after their supply was contaminated with the cryptosporidium parasite - possibly as a result of a faulty valve on private land. Consumption of the parasite can cause prolonged diarrhoea.‘

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/news/2021/november/the-deadly-effects-of-sewage-pollution-on-nature.html

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/sewage-in-water-a-growing-public-health-problem

https://www.sas.org.uk/water-quality/water-quality-facts-and-figures/the-risks-of-mixing-with-sewage/

All very childish and trivial I’m sure.   Not for proper grown up discussions like bickering about unisex toilets and vast disparity of wealth being a wonderful thing.  So wonderful that clean water is LUXURY!!!

Don't forget about me with big members.

22 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Every drop of drinking water on this planet must have gone through the sewage systems countless times.

There was some programme on the telly box a while back where they tested tap water against bottled water for purity etc and there was no discernible difference, and tap water was considerably cheaper!

Reminds me of the old legend “all water used on these premises has been passed by the management”.

• Like 2

Hey folks, all you supporters of poo in water:

1. Theres a difference between treated sewage and raw sewage being discharged into rivers. I’m well aware that drinking water may have gone through sewage systems.  I didn’t think the stuff that comes from the tap is from an pristine mountain stream or something 😂

2. Actually read some of links I posted and have think if you would like to drink or bathe in water contaminated with 💩.  

3. Even if you aren’t too concerned about the state of our water now do you think it’s OK to be completely blasé about this, shrug, let it carry on and continue deteriorating.  Because that’s what you’re doing now.

4. The Four Yorkshiremen sketch is coming to mind for some reason.  Clean water?  Luxury!!!  I’d be grateful for drinking straight out of toilet 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pfifes said:

Hey folks, all you supporters of poo in water:

1. Theres a difference between treated sewage and raw sewage being discharged into rivers. I’m well aware that drinking water may have gone through sewage systems.  I didn’t think the stuff that comes from the tap is from an pristine mountain stream or something 😂

2. Actually read some of links I posted and have think if you would like to drink or bathe in water contaminated with 💩.  

3. Even if you aren’t too concerned about the state of our water now do you think it’s OK to be completely blasé about this, shrug, let it carry on and continue deteriorating.  Because that’s what you’re doing now.

4. The Four Yorkshiremen sketch is coming to mind for some reason.  Clean water?  Luxury!!!  I’d be grateful for drinking straight out of toilet 

And all this waffle on a thread about the merits or otherwise of unisex toilets.

• Like 2