Cancers on the rise due to?

In the U.S., about 12% of cancers are diagnosed among adults younger than 50, according to ACS data. A woman in the U.S. has about a one in 17 chance of being diagnosed before she turns 50, while a man has about a one in 29 chance, the ACS says. (Women are more likely to be diagnosed largely because breast cancer is so common.)

Should we have a Minister for men, or something? Men under the age of 50 get almost double the cancers that women get.

The experts don't know the cause, but one factor is our  high-processed diet.

https://time.com/6960506/cancer-rates-young-people/

Skin  cancer is on the rise due to higher temperatures as our climate changes another is obesity far too many people are carrying too much weight for their height our bodies soon feel the effects of a poor diet.

Highly processed foods and high sugar intake can lead to development of cancer cells foods that our bodies are not designed for. We need to make people aware of symptoms of the early stages of cancer to get treatment sooner. 

If you do think something is wrong and think it's possibly cancer go to your doctor better to be safe than sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/06/2024 at 18:42, El Cid said:

In the U.S., about 12% of cancers are diagnosed among adults younger than 50, according to ACS data. A woman in the U.S. has about a one in 17 chance of being diagnosed before she turns 50, while a man has about a one in 29 chance, the ACS says. (Women are more likely to be diagnosed largely because breast cancer is so common.)

Should we have a Minister for men, or something? Men under the age of 50 get almost double the cancers that women get.

https://time.com/6960506/cancer-rates-young-people/

Is it because detection of cancer is getting better  ? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Is it because detection of cancer is getting better  ? 

Perhaps but also awareness we had high profile stars and Royalty who have made it public about having cancer treatment. We need to make people aware of what to look for and encourage people to take up screenings and tests to get early treatment not leaving it because they for so reason feel uncomfortable about talking about it. 

• Like 2

On 03/06/2024 at 19:42, El Cid said:

Men under the age of 50 get almost double the cancers that women get.

I'm wondering if one factor is simply that men are usually bigger than women and so they have more cells in their bodies? Say there's a chance that every one in however many million cells could turn cancerous, then statistically the more cells you've got the greater the risk that you'll have one that goes dodgy?  A bit like playing Russian roulette with 2 bullets instead of just one?

It's completely what we eat.

I highly doubt folk that live in the jungle or on remote islands suffer with heartburn and cancer.

The amount of pesticides and processed poo we shove down our gullets is ridiculous.

I'd just like to state that the rise in cancers is NOT because of the jibby jabby.

I repeat, it is NOT because of that. 

If anyone says it is then they are mental :loopy:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

I'd just like to state that the rise in cancers is NOT because of the jibby jabby.

I repeat, it is NOT because of that. 

If anyone says it is then they are mental :loopy:

Definitely not, it simply can't be because they were safe and effective.

It's real mystery this.

Just now, Top4719 said:

Definitely not, it simply can't be because they were safe and effective.

It's real mystery this.

It certainly is fella.

I'm thinking maybe climate change is the reason. What do you think?