Stocksbridge Park Steels seek funding to survive

48 minutes ago, Padders said:

Well, Tottenham midfielder Yves Bissouma has just been mugged in Cannes on the French Riviera..

He was outside his hotel at 4am.

The thief's stole his luxury watch, value, £255,000.

I've had a 20quid Sekonda which keeps perfectly good time, for about 10years..

Meks yer wonder dun it..........

My mate’s son was mugged in London, had his 9 grand watch stolen, I asked the same question. However on giving the matter second thoughts I would ask these questions, if you’ve done well and earned a bob to two you should be able to enjoy the fruits of your success,  insurance policies are available for such events, should you drive a cheap car, live in a far cheaper house than you can afford, wear cheap clothes and never wear expensive jewellery because you’re scared of scum bags that would target you?

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

My mate’s son was mugged in London, had his 9 grand watch stolen, I asked the same question. However on giving the matter second thoughts I would ask these questions, if you’ve done well and earned a bob to two you should be able to enjoy the fruits of your success,  insurance policies are available for such events, should you drive a cheap car, live in a far cheaper house than you can afford, wear cheap clothes and never wear expensive jewellery because you’re scared of scum bags that would target you?

If I was a multi billionaire, there's no way I would walk about wearing a 255 grand watch..

I agree with what you say though..

28 minutes ago, Padders said:

If I was a multi billionaire, there's no way I would walk about wearing a 255 grand watch..

Short hands, deep pockets wouldn't give a door a bang.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Padders said:

You sound very similar to me, I reckon that I couldn’t tell the difference between a watch costing 255 grand and one costing 255 quid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

Ollie McBurnie lost £300,000 worth of watches in a burglary, an average of 8 people every day are mugged for expensive watches in London and 6,000 luxury watches a year worth £128m are stolen.

3 hours ago, Hopman said:

Stolen watches are nothing to do with the plight of Stocksbridge Park Steels.

True, but they are more interesting than Stocksbridge getting the begging bowl out because they don't know how to budget

Part of the problem is the higher energy costs, add to that the recent break in and vandalism. together with a less than sparkling season. But the pies are good.