Council No Imagination

18 hours ago, bassett one said:

i agree the food festival was great ,pity the rents of £200-600 pounds a day per retailor

Bargain. At the recent Southport Food Festival, rents were £1000 a day.

well i think 2-6 hundred a day is not cheap , but it seems it is , so thats that, but we need to update the same old events at least bring in different rides, the same old does not work changes to even 20 percent of it would be good for say summer/winter

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

well i think 2-6 hundred a day is not cheap , but it seems it is , so thats that, but we need to update the same old events at least bring in different rides, the same old does not work changes to even 20 percent of it would be good for say summer/winter

....you keep saying that. But are the crowds massively dwindling each year?  

Also given that most of these events are run by private companies the types of rides and attractions that they offer are surely down to them.  To be honest, I've been to quite a few 'by the sea' or 'summer festival' or ''Christmas Market' things and with exceptions to size and decor most of the time I have seen exactly the same stuff in every city.  

to be fair on this issue i think we have had loads of different views on this subject ,which is very intresting 

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Let's be honest, this thread is just one person venting that they are not doing things that HE alone wants. 

On 05/06/2024 at 19:51, cuttsie said:

In the 60's the council allowed cycle racing on the Norfolk Park circuit road, 

This circular parkway is ideal for young cyclists to get experience in road racing (think even more Olympic medals cycling has provided so many over the last 20 odd years )   , 

Wilsons cycle shop on City Road sponsored races at one time ,  I was talking to the gaffer at James cycles just last week , He seemed very interested when I told him about the past events .

I f any one up for it I would love to try and organise this again.obviously I would need input from the council and local cycle clubs and shops . 

13 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I f any one up for it I would love to try and organise this again.obviously I would need input from the council and local cycle clubs and shops . 

It sounds great — you might get some interest from the South Yorkshire Mayor’s office, they have a large remit for active travel and are doing lots of events and schemes to promote cycling.