Dr Michael Mosley missing-authorities searching,

He has had an influence on my life, with is TV and radio shows about health.

I wonder if he was driven be a desire to make people healthier, or was he in it for the fame/money?

On the same level as Jamie Oliver?

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

He has had an influence on my life, with is TV and radio shows about health.

I wonder if he was driven be a desire to make people healthier, or was he in it for the fame/money?

On the same level as Jamie Oliver?

My bold.  Same here.  "Celebrity" news usually passess me by, but I felt I had something of a connection to him through his work.

I always felt he was genuine.

And also quite sensible - it seems strange he decided to head off for a walk in the middle of the day in 37 degrees heat...

So sad 😔

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Becky B said:

My bold.  Same here.  "Celebrity" news usually passess me by, but I felt I had something of a connection to him through his work.

And also quite sensible - it seems strange he decided to head off for a walk in the middle of the day in 37 degrees heat...

So sad 😔

All very sad but I have never heard of him . Just seen a picture of him on news , still didn’t recognise him.

Edited by hackey lad

10 minutes ago, Becky B said:

So sad 😔

From the descriptions and looking at maps/Google Earth, it looks like his total walk was not much more than 2km. The bit from the port where he was recorded on CCTV to where he was found was about 1.5km and he was incredibly close to being safe (10s of metres from people/shade/drinks).

14 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

All very sad but I have never heard of him . Just seen a picture of him on news , still didn’t recognise him.

He did several 'how to improve your health' type series/programmes/spots on other shows on TV and radio. If you don't watch/listen to them you could easily have missed him.

Can't say I have watched this man on TV

but the name sounds familiar. If he was walking in a heatwave it could have caused a heart attack. Just have to wait until there has been a post mortem.

It's just been reported on BBC news that Michael Mosley died of natural causes.

I've watched a lot of his TV programmes and he always came across as an intelligent person.

What's baffling about this whole very sad story is  WHY  did he go off ( on his own )  for a walk in that mad heat  ?

24 minutes ago, francypants said:

It's just been reported on BBC news that Michael Mosley died of natural causes.

I've watched a lot of his TV programmes and he always came across as an intelligent person.

What's baffling about this whole very sad story is  WHY  did he go off ( on his own )  for a walk in that mad heat  ?

I'd have thought cause of death would be due to heat stroke- but may be it contributed to his death?

He was  a medical adviser, surely going out in that heat, was not a good decision.  The locals were staying inside and apparently the mayor issued a warning about being outside. 

43 minutes ago, Baz1 said:

I'd have thought cause of death would be due to heat stroke- but may be it contributed to his death?

He was  a medical adviser, surely going out in that heat, was not a good decision.  The locals were staying inside and apparently the mayor issued a warning about being outside. 

I think that it could be a Heart Attack  caused by heat stroke. He had told his wife before setting off that he didn’t feel very well.