Dr Michael Mosley missing-authorities searching,

26 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I think that it could be a Heart Attack  caused by heat stroke. He had told his wife before setting off that he didn’t feel very well.

Then as a doctor, did he not think it a bad idea to go out in that heat - or did he think himself invincible?

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Then as a doctor, did he not think it a bad idea to go out in that heat - or did he think himself invincible?

My thoughts too.

Unless he  said to his wife, "trust me,  I'm a doctor ".

Just now, RollingJ said:

But, @pattricia - he claimed he didn't feel well - apparently - but still went out in extreme temperatures.

maybe he thought he'd taken enough precautions, he  clearly took an umbrella for shade, no one knows what else he had with him, it's unfortunate set of circumstances, leaving phone behind etc sad affair all round.   

maybe it was just his time, after all we all have an expiry date.

He was also Type 2 diabetes, which can cause confusion and impact decision making if your blood sugars aren't doing great at that time.

We'll probably never know exactly what happened, but it could be any number of things and whatever it was it is a sad outcome all round.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

He was also Type 2 diabetes, which can cause confusion and impact decision making if your blood sugars aren't doing great at that time.

We'll probably never know exactly what happened, but it could be any number of things and whatever it was it is a sad outcome all round.

He did the 5/2 diet and he is no longer a type 2 diabetic. Which is why he is more than just a TV doctor.

More people should look into that, I am sure the 5/2 diet has helped millions.

14 hours ago, francypants said:

Also,  IF it was true that he'd told his wife he wasn't feeling well,  what the hell was she doing letting him go off on his own  ?

She's a GP   !!!

My thoughts also francy.

For whatever reason he took the wrong way out of Pedi but they went to the beach by boat and so he probably hadn’t been on that route previously.

If he’d taken the road to Symi where they were staying and collapsed then, the chances are someone would have been travelling passed, noticed him and stopped to help him.

Tragic set of circumstances all round.

echo.