Tanglewood Guitar Value

tang4.thumb.JPG.c4c40bb80a8bb6964eb156507b2dd1c1.JPGHave been trying to value this Tanglewood acoustic guitar (with case), belonged to a late friend of mine. I have tried the maker's site twice but no response.

Its type number is TWO J LH, all I know is that it's a "Jumbo" type

Thanks, it wasn't so much the value, it was a better description of the model type as opposed to the number inside the guitar. On ebay there is a wide variation on values depending on the type, model etc. I have a friend who lives near Broadfield Road so might ask him to call in.

TWO J LH doesn't appear to be a standard Tanglewood model name. The LH stands for left-hand, the J for Jumbo. Many Tanglewood guitars have a model number TW something, like TW170 or TW4. Could you take a close up of the inside label.

Your model looks like a TW55, which is worth £250 to £500

1 hour ago, Norbert said:

TWO J LH doesn't appear to be a standard Tanglewood model name. The LH stands for left-hand, the J for Jumbo. Many Tanglewood guitars have a model number TW something, like TW170 or TW4. Could you take a close up of the inside label.

Your model looks like a TW55, which is worth £250 to £500

Looks like I missed out an "S"

Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 18-24-34 Tanglewood model no.pdf.png

6 hours ago, carosio said:

Looks like I missed out an "S"

It's a Southern Jumbo. Solid Spruce Top, Ovangkol back and sides. The neck is mahogany with chrome tuners. The couple I've seen for sale were around £100.

• 3 weeks later...

If it's solid spruce top and left handed, I wouldn't dream of selling it at £100, you'd be giving it away.

If it's in good condition, some lefty out there will offer you considerably more.

3 hours ago, mancmart said:

If it's solid spruce top and left handed, I wouldn't dream of selling it at £100, you'd be giving it away.

If it's in good condition, some lefty out there will offer you considerably more.

Thanks, I'll post up a pic of the top part (my bad) when I get access to it again, which won't be for a week or two.