1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

I am sure he did say that but like most things that comes out of the mouth of that frog face chump, he goes for the pithy attention seeking soundbites rather than the practical reality of what he is talking about. 

Of course you could still get prosecuted. Theft is theft. It is a question of whether there are sufficient resourcing, value, commerciality and merit to investigating, forming a case and prosecuting which are all things that have to be considered in these days of dwindling police resources, corporate reputation and extremely fickle public opinion.  

After all, would people like police prioritise getting justice for some sweet old lady  getting robbed on the street and having her pension nicked or trying to recover some asset for the big corporate billion pound  conglomerate.

Then factor in, is it worth the time and effort for Tesco etc to use its resources in trying to track down, provide sufficient evidence and go through the whole prosecution process for some low value theft which they will have insurance against and already built into to their budgeting model. There is already a technical term for it used in the retail industry known as shrinkage which includes everything from theft to mis-totalled sales to damaged goods.  

Then we have the circumstances of the thief themselves. What is their story.  Stealing to fund someone drug habit?  but then again, according to certain newspapers they are doing it out of sheer necessity because they are starving and need to feed their families..... So who is a real victim in the fickle emotive reactionary public's eyes? The starving shop lifter doing it out of alleged desperate need or a faceless corporation crying about losing some profit mark up.  

Any moron can go on a podium and spout bold claims. Actual practical delivery is a different league. 

Before the lockdown and the constant increases in food I was going into a large Asda supermarket. A lady was in the car park pushing a trolly that appeared to be full of children’s clothes inside it.  A security lady stopped her and took the trolly off her then asked her to come back into the store, she refused and said I don’t think so, slowly she walked away from security minus the trolly.  The security lady said we are not allowed to force anyone back into the store and the police won’t come out if we phone them.  Having said that the police do come out if known syndicate’s of thieves are operating in the store.

Since then Asda has improved its security by adding more barriers.

I agree the police don’t have the resources for shop lifting and I would prefer them to spend what resources they have on violent crime. It is up to the supermarkets to do more to try and prevent shoplifting.

On 08/06/2024 at 06:54, Resident said:

Modern policing is far to soft, far too constriained with "welfare of the suspect" & far too concerned with not offending anyone. 

These days they're about as intimidating as a youth worker at a youth club. 

The fact that I have witnessed them on MANY occasions fail to deal with offences committed right in front of them speaks volumes and on a great scale across the country, allowing pro-terrorism marches that decend in to violent disorder in many cases and stand doing nothing shows how weak our police forces are as a whole

I’m sure there must be some forum or other whereby the public can ask questions of Police Officers about how their targets are determined and where to intervene or prevent crime. I’m sure politicians have access to this, and obviously there’s the Police Commisioner ( not sure of title), or whatever they’re called. 

As I write I’m reminded of recent events in Endcliffe Park and serious anti social behaviour. 

20 hours ago, melthebell said:

Let's bring back hanging....for shoplifters

6 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Too good for scum that assault shop workers. By all means take a tin of beans or summat.

Ooooooh listen to the hard men.

So butch.

So macho..

So Da Management......

hale_and_pace.jpg

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Ooooooh listen to the hard men.

So butch.

So macho..

So Da Management......

hale_and_pace.jpg