Staniforth Road Police incident

from Faceache    01.30 10/06/2024

Zahira Naz
*Community Safety Update-Darnall Incident*
Good Evening, 
I have visited the family of the young person who was involved in the sad incident in Darnall yesterday. He is currently in critical condition in hospital and the family have requested the community to keep their son in your prayers.
I have also met with Community Leaders and the Faith representatives in Darnall to reassure them. At this time, we need unity and to support the family through this distressing time. 
The family have requested me to share that the community refrains from sharing any false messages and speculation on social media whilst South Yorkshire Police carry out their lines of enquiry. 

**Community Safety in Darnall**
I’ve had concerned residents contact me following the the sad news of a young person getting stabbed in Darnall yesterday. 
I’ve reached out to the family who are going through a distressed time. At this difficult time, I’m praying for the individual and his family.
This is currently a live police investigation and I would like to reassure the community extra patrols will be in the area and police will continue with conducting investigative lines of enquiry.

Councillor Zahira Naz 
Darnall Ward

4 minutes ago, peak4 said:

from Faceache    01.30 10/06/2024

Zahira Naz
*Community Safety Update-Darnall Incident*
Good Evening, 
I have visited the family of the young person who was involved in the sad incident in Darnall yesterday. He is currently in critical condition in hospital and the family have requested the community to keep their son in your prayers.
I have also met with Community Leaders and the Faith representatives in Darnall to reassure them. At this time, we need unity and to support the family through this distressing time. 
The family have requested me to share that the community refrains from sharing any false messages and speculation on social media whilst South Yorkshire Police carry out their lines of enquiry. 

**Community Safety in Darnall**
I’ve had concerned residents contact me following the the sad news of a young person getting stabbed in Darnall yesterday. 
I’ve reached out to the family who are going through a distressed time. At this difficult time, I’m praying for the individual and his family.
This is currently a live police investigation and I would like to reassure the community extra patrols will be in the area and police will continue with conducting investigative lines of enquiry.

Councillor Zahira Naz 
Darnall Ward

I would like to ask Zahira what she is doing to help change these situations. Visiting a persons family and publicising that is not enough . What has she done before ? 

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I would like to ask Zahira what she is doing to help change these situations. Visiting a persons family and publicising that is not enough . What has she done before 

Edited by hackey lad

31 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I would like to ask Zahira what she is doing to help change these situations. Visiting a persons family and publicising that is not enough . What has she done before ? 

Maybe ask her, I don't know her personally and no longer live in Sheffield, but I'd suggest that she's done more than many people on this forum
Zahira Naz 
Today, it was great to meet Genet and members of the Eritrean Orthodox Church to discuss joint up working between the different communities in Darnall and how collectively we can improve community cohesion in the area.
Zahira Naz 
Busy time at the Darnall Foodbank distributing Ramadan Packs. 
We are not here to judge, but to provide a little extra help to families in Darnall and Tinsley

Zahira Naz 
Last weekend, was my last session on the Local Government Association’s Political Leadership Programme. Great time with amazing people from across the country! 
It was great to support each other and share insights on political challenges.

Zahira Naz 
It was a powerful line-up of Female Faith leaders which epitomised the show of unity at the Iftar. Our Honourable Guests speakers were:  
- Bishop Sophie Jelley, (Acting Bishop of Sheffield) 
- Patsy Cunningham (Sheffield Reform Jewish Congregation) 
- Ustadha Ameena Blake (Muslim Chaplain at the University of Sheffield). 
The Dean of Sheffield, Reverend Canon Abigail Thompson. 
In a time of when they seek to divide us, it was a pleasure to stand together in solidarity 

When will someone realise it's the immigrants that's causing most of the problems but as usual  people are afraid to classed as racist even though it's 100% true.

Edited by vmam
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Zahira is extremely active across Sheffield and its communities promoting togetherness, equality, bonding, inclusion and more.

She is one of the good ones and put herself forward as a candidate for councillor to try to help and make a difference. She’s certainly very active as a councillor whilst also working for a number of charities and community organisations and volunteering across a spectrum of roles across all of the city. She doesn’t like to take the limelight too much, but does so much behind the scenes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vmam said:

When will someone realise it's the immigrants that's causing most of the problems but as usual  people are afraid to classed as racist even though it's 100% true.

It will be true in Darnall because it has a high immigrant population. In Ireland, it's Irish people who cause most of the problems because Ireland is mostly full of Irish people. In Russia, it's mostly Russians who cause all the problems and do all the crime because they don't like letting other people in to do it instead. In Liverpool, organised crime is heavily white dominated and they have a bigger gun problem than a knife problem, for reasons I don't understand. 

Poverty generates crime, the way to reduce crime is by reducing poverty. The Cleveland police area has one of the worst, possibly the worst, violent crime rate in the country and it's 96% white. It's also - surprise, surprise - a very poor area.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It will be true in Darnall because it has a high immigrant population. In Ireland, it's Irish people who cause most of the problems because Ireland is mostly full of Irish people. In Russia, it's mostly Russians who cause all the problems and do all the crime because they don't like letting other people in to do it instead. In Liverpool, organised crime is heavily white dominated and they have a bigger gun problem than a knife problem, for reasons I don't understand. 

Poverty generates crime, the way to reduce crime is by reducing poverty. The Cleveland police area has one of the worst, possibly the worst, violent crime rate in the country and it's 96% white. It's also - surprise, surprise - a very poor area.

That said it seems more of the drug crimes are controlled by immigrants, also look at the grooming gangs, it's been going on for years but again our police don't want to be classed as racist, let people call them whatever they want, just arrest the detestable Asian men.

If Cleveland has a violent crime rate and you quote it's 96% white but who's committing the crimes, it's easy money that generates crime not just poverty as people just don't want to work.

Edited by vmam
  • Like 1