Staniforth Road Police incident

29 minutes ago, retep said:

Is that why so many are put up in hotels and given benefits?

Tell me you didn't read the linked Full Fact article without telling me you didn't read the linked Full Fact article...

To save you a click, the relevant section of that article to your statement is:

Asylum seekers, while awaiting the outcome of their application, are often housed by the Home Office. At first, asylum seekers tend to be placed in what’s known as initial accommodation, such as a hostel or hotel. Dispersal accommodation is longer-term accommodation. The government has contracts with private companies to provide this. 

This accommodation is only available until a decision is made in an asylum case, including any appeals. After that, whether their claim has been successful or not, people must leave this accommodation.

If an asylum seeker’s claim is approved and they are granted refugee status or humanitarian protection, then they are legally allowed to remain in the UK and are allowed to apply for council housing. They must join the local authority’s waiting list. 

There is a whole other discussion to be had about the abysmal processing of migrants by the Home Office led by horrendous government policy over the years that isn't part of this discussion.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Well what we on our little council estate see, we see with our own eyes , So You know what to do with article 6 and part of 7 .

Ignorance personified 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SheffieldForum said:

Tell me you didn't read the linked Full Fact article without telling me you didn't read the linked Full Fact article...

To save you a click, the relevant section of that article to your statement is:

Asylum seekers, while awaiting the outcome of their application, are often housed by the Home Office. At first, asylum seekers tend to be placed in what’s known as initial accommodation, such as a hostel or hotel. Dispersal accommodation is longer-term accommodation. The government has contracts with private companies to provide this. 

This accommodation is only available until a decision is made in an asylum case, including any appeals. After that, whether their claim has been successful or not, people must leave this accommodation.

If an asylum seeker’s claim is approved and they are granted refugee status or humanitarian protection, then they are legally allowed to remain in the UK and are allowed to apply for council housing. They must join the local authority’s waiting list. 

There is a whole other discussion to be had about the abysmal processing of migrants by the Home Office led by horrendous government policy over the years that isn't part of this discussion.

In which case why did you put this " . People here illegally are of course not entitled to any benefits or social housing at all. " when clearly they are.

38 minutes ago, retep said:

In which case why did you put this " . People here illegally are of course not entitled to any benefits or social housing at all. " when clearly they are.

Because the benefits and housing system is totally distinct from the migrant processing system - even being run by completely different departments of government and having their own distinct processes, rules and more.

Plus being put up in a room somewhere whilst having your migration status processed is absolutely not 'social housing'.

Again - it is a different discussion (and not relevant to this thread, really, so lets get back on track).

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

It’s not mate . A lot of truth in what he says.

The level of reading ability on here is often disappointing. 

The daddy said "When migrants come here I belive they get priority"

I said that no-one gets priority based on their immigration status - that is correct.

Some people who were not born in the UK can get priority for housing based on one of the categories already mentioned, such as a medical need, vulnerability etc. That is why people like cuttsie see some of 'them' moving into social housing. But that is happening despite their immigration status, not because of it. Some people from outside the UK meet one or more of the conditions for priority but are excluded from accessing social housing (Chapter 7 of the Homelessness code of guidance)

So saying 'when migrants come here they get priority' is factually incorrect, lived experience or not.

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

The level of reading ability on here is often disappointing. 

The daddy said "When migrants come here I belive they get priority"

I said that no-one gets priority based on their immigration status - that is correct.

Some people who were not born in the UK can get priority for housing based on one of the categories already mentioned, such as a medical need, vulnerability etc. That is why people like cuttsie see some of 'them' moving into social housing. But that is happening despite their immigration status, not because of it. Some people from outside the UK meet one or more of the conditions for priority but are excluded from accessing social housing (Chapter 7 of the Homelessness code of guidance)

So saying 'when migrants come here they get priority' is factually incorrect, lived experience or not.

Yea the reading ability is disappointing , I was talking about Cuttsies post 

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Yea the reading ability is disappointing , I was talking about Cuttsies post 

Yes I know, and cuttsie was responding to my reply to the daddy's post. Which he said was 'a load of rubbish' - which I've demonstrated it wasn't, to anyone who can comprehend English like a native.